Like for Like, who's left the clio for something new?

Not that im interested in selling my Clio any time soon; but this question goes out to any who have moved on or tried other cars.

What is as fun to drive as the 197/200?

Ive heard reports about mini's, 500's and Bimmers. But lets be realistic, what is as 'FUN' as a clio?!

Answers on a postcard (or just in the thread)

I want a Nissan 350Z its not as fun by any means but its a lovely sounding V6 and it looks ace IMO. MPG isn't much worse than the Clio either

Mikes ST thread makes it sound like a good alternative

I'm looking at a Scirocco GT today. Not expecting it to be anywhere as good on the twistys but want something more refined.

I test drove a Leon Cupra 240 yesterday and the ride was nearing on worse than the 200 with cup chassis!

In the small hot hatch class, the mini is the only other contender imo. The chassis isn't quite as good, but it has the advantage in most other area's.

I test drove a Leon Cupra 240 yesterday and the ride was nearing on worse than the 200 with cup chassis!

Really? I've test driven 2 now, mk 2 and face lift and they felt softer and more refined than my 197. Going to look at another on Saturday and a Mazda 3 Mps. I want something bigger, faster, more refined, better equiped, easier to drive and quiter on the motorway.

Really? I've test driven 2 now, mk 2 and face lift and they felt softer and more refined than my 197. Going to look at another on Saturday and a Mazda 3 Mps. I want something bigger, faster, more refined, better equiped, easier to drive and quiter on the motorway.

Yeah I'm not sure if it was where we drove but it just didn't feel right for some reason?

I've bought a Scirocco now anyway :smiley:.

Last edited:
Nice choice going for the Scirocco, i really really like the look of these. Yoiurs looks good in silver too. Unfortunately they are well out of my price range. :worried:

Yea i looked at getting a rocco too before the clio, even went for a test drive, but i felt the 170bhp version was a bit lacking in pickup, that and it was topping out my price range a year ago. (damn its been a year with the clio already?!)

Golf GTI?

Golf GTi and Leon FR are essentailly the same car however the Leon is cheaper in every respect. You pay a little more for the badge and the associated more expensive servicing and repairs...

Golf GTi and Leon FR are essentailly the same car however the Leon is cheaper in every respect. You pay a little more for the badge and the associated more expensive servicing and repairs...

Yeah but i hate 5 door cars so its the Golf for me.
The Rocco looks like an Elephant sat on a Golf, its a horrible design i don;t understand why people like them. But thats just my opinion.