Lighter Alloys

Hi guys,

Took my car to a rally driver as he wanted to have a go, the result of which was the following:

"This would be mega on a track"

As expected :wink:

Anyway, he took the wheels off to have a gander at the brake setup properly just to see if there was anything special happening as he said the brakes were outstanding; however, he mentioned that the standard alloy wheels weigh a ton compared to some hes used for rallycross.

Have you guys got any ideas of lightened alloy wheels that I can possibly look in to? I'm looking to reduce the overall weight of the car as I feel it could be lighter for what it is.

i'd give them a ring first..but seems legit..very cheap..good find if thats true

Considering they're the R version with more tread on it too... Really tempted to by two of them today. My Potenza's are on their way out.

wouldnt hesitate if i was u..the cheapest i found online was £120 a corner..thats an epic price actually

That's ridiculous! Never seen them that cheap.

Should have bought 4 for that price lol

My reply was to Kaz, I haven't bought any, have no need at the moment.

I agree though, buy another 2 lol

know [MENTION=4323]Gez[/MENTION]...that was meant to comment on ur post..anyway we know the score :biggrin:
get another 2 Kez before they all go or the website realizes the error :tongueout:anic:

Shyte! Went to get another two this morning and they've gone up to £117 a pop again! What a bargain though. From what I hear they are some of the best rubber around.

My Potenza's are NEARLY dead in the front too so proper good timing.

Out of interest, are you only fitting two of these tyres to your car?

Fronts only. Never had an issue with lift off oversteer, yet. What do you recommend?

I have Continental Sport Contacts in the back which seem to be 'the shyte' in the wet and Potenzas in the front which are okay in the wet and a bit better in the dry, but nothing amazing.

Last edited:
I'm always a stickler for using the same tyres all round on my car. I just rotate them so I get even wear.