Lightened Flywheel

GrumpyTwig

"the troll hunter" with added boost!
Can you buy one from anywhere?

I know you can get the oem one skimmed but wondered if you could just buy one pre-lightened.

Considering uprating the clutch and feel it'd be a waste not to drop in a different flywheel at the same time.

APD will supply you one mate. or you can send off your existing one to be "Lightened and balanced"

oh i would also like to add the helix clutch I had is listed in demon tweeks catalogue but doesnt seem to be online

yeah mate ben recently had 1. . . . while ure clutch is out drop the gearbox (i think it has to come out anyways) and get a lovely quaiffe put in. drop in some v3's and your laughing all the way to the next track

yeah mate ben recently had 1. . . . while ure clutch is out drop the gearbox (i think it has to come out anyways) and get a lovely quaiffe put in. drop in some v3's and your laughing all the way to the next track

Shush you!!!!

:smile:

Helix is a paddle clutch. It's all about clamping pressure and contact area.

Yes material is a large part of it lol. Helix do replacement full face kits too mate.

Helix make whatever you want mate give them a ring, I had a ceremetalic 4 pad In mine think it was £400 + for the kit

I have a lightened flywheel on my 197. It has ~5kg.

24102009058.jpg

24102009055.jpg

24102009054.jpg

I have noticed the difference only when in 1st gear and going uphill - need less throttle. Didn't notice any performance gains...

I did it when I had to change my clutch.

guys,
sorry to hi-jack,
but a quick question,
can one fit the lightened flywheel to the OEM / standard clutch?