Lightened flywheel

had them on other cars no gains as in power but will get through the revs quicker.on 2 peugeots I've had them on they had a habit of trying to stall due to less inertia on engine braking.

Hi guys, what are ur thoughts on lightened flywheel?

Any gains? Losses?

Thanks

Have it on my Clio - it's a bit under 5kg, and AFAIK the stock ones are a bit over 6kg.

I've noticed only that I need less throttle when starting the car uphill. Nothing special.

But when changing the clutch, I would recommend it if you can afford it.

Had it done on a couple of previous cars and much like 930 and Raptor have already said it isn't a ground-breaking modification. Revs climb, but also drop, a lot faster depending on how much lighter you go. This has downsides as well as upsides.

If you go for max 2kg lighter flywheel than the OEM, you shouldn't have any "problems" with the faster rev drop like Willis said. IMO.

In a year or two, I might get an already lightened flywheel (think that KTR has them for sale and they're 2kg lighter than OEM).

I have one in my alfa and when i get in that now is revs so quick/clean makes the clio seem lazy.

Never had any problems with it in over 40k miles. it too was around 5kg, around 2kg lighter than stock.