Learnt 2 things today!

1 It does not matter how good a wax you have on the car, if you leave bugs to bake on for 2 (summer)months then they are bloody hard to get off!

2 RaceGlaze Clay is unbelievable poor, it did nothing at all to remove the bug stains and I mean nothing. It did so little that I don't know what I should do with the rest of the clay. (2 full new bars) I have used 5 brands of clay and this is the worst by miles!!

Just a heads up!! Also I have heard rumours that it is rebranded Swissvax, I have no idea if that is true or not but just letting people know!!

Pro-tip: use isopropyl alcohol (96%+) worked a treat for my sap stains and bugs. then once its spotless, give it a nice good coat of wax! then next time they come off easier :smiley:

I'm relatively new to the world of the clay bar but they are great, the only one I've used is the meguires. What others would you recommend?

Bilt Hamber clay is the best i've used by far. Also different compounds are available, depending on how heavily contaminated the paint is.

I've tried CYC ultra fine lately and tbh, i'm less than impressed with it.

Guessing I get some off the tinterweb? I'm a millage junky so car gets filthy very quickly so could do.with a good bar.

Pro-tip: use isopropyl alcohol (96%+) worked a treat for my sap stains and bugs. then once its spotless, give it a nice good coat of wax! then next time they come off easier :smiley:

Its got Zymol Concours on it. Normally they come off whilst washing sometimes even with snowfoam. The issue was the bugs had been left over 2 months!

Is it just the yellow PolyClay (thin bars, yellow)?

If so, it's not the best clay really, and can be bought for a lot less money.

Tbf, few clays would sort this for you, over time, the remains of the insects will etch into your clear coat, meaning something with a light abrasive content will be your best bet.

That said, you should try a good degreaser, ideally citrus based, first, to remove as much of the insect as possible.

This is a great option, which also leaves your wax layer intact:

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/auto-finesse-citrus-power.html