Lane discipline!

Thought I'd better put some miles on the new PE2s, get them scrubbed before the blast to work on Monday so went out for a gentle blast and came across these two.

Argh! :@

That is all.

[YOUTUBE]RZSzIpE0D-s[/YOUTUBE]

HaHa great bit of driving on that zafira! Would of been all over my horn and give him the look as I went past lol
Clios sounding nice too mate :thumbup:

I blame the goverment :jumpon: there should be a law against this or if you have video evidence like this be allowed to ram them off the road :rofl:

What sort of camera set up do you use?

I blame the goverment :jumpon: there should be a law against this or if you have video evidence like this be allowed to ram them off the road :rofl:

What sort of camera set up do you use?

I couldn't agree more!

Camera is a Panasonic HDC-SD90 and was mounted at the top of the windscreen using a B. Hague suction mount. Not had it that long, have used a standard mini DV Sony tape camcorder for years but it's a bit temperamental now.

I'm quite impressed at how this new one copes with low light :thumbup:

Haha, nothing new, eh?

Everyone should have dash cams for moments like this. If I had a penny for every time I wish I caught something on Camera, i'd have bought a HD camera and dash mount haha.

That's quite mild compared to some of the stuff you see in a truck in the early hours. :smiley:

Still, idiots. Clio sounds lovely though. :smile:

Why do you use a camera to film yourself driving on the road? Yes its frustrating but not that bad.

It's the advanced driver in me...always critical, always analytical. I don't do it for the mundane commute, but if I'm out driving just for the sake of driving as I very often do, I strap the camera in.

Then if there's anything of note that happens I watch it back, what did I do, what didn't I do, what could I have done better, did I see things early enough, was I smooth enough, did I have the wrong gear, could I have planned my way past a hazard better etc. etc. etc.

It came in useful when I was an IAM observer, gave me a library of real world examples that I could quote to and discuss with my trainees. I'm not an active observer anymore, but there are always things to learn and improve upon so I continue doing it. Plus, occasionally I come across things that just have to be edited into a short clip for the LOLs.

As for the drivers in the video, frustrating, yes, but not that bad?

Being completely unaware of where your car should be? Being completely inconsiderate to other road users?

These things cause accidents, and in less calm drivers road rage.

Sadly it's always going to be this way as 99.9% of drivers on the road think they can drive...when in fact all they've really learned, is how to pass a test on a given day. There's so much more to driving, but to admit you have something to learn, and take steps to becoming a better driver is something few are prepared to do.

what dash came do u have mate?

See post #5 above.

Last edited:
I've been looking for a new camera as my current dash cam setup is TERRIBLE at night time.

Then again, by the time I've sorted something, I won't be driving at night time as we will be into the long days!

Hmm... decisions...