Lambda Sensor Setup on decat Exhaust & manifold

You could just buy a lambda sleeve, £18 quid from GMC, does the same thing. I really don't see the need to have any substrate in there and pay £80 from Ktec!!

I've had my decat on for 4 days and no light (ecu is remapped though). I'll be taking out my post cat lambda anyway and sleeving it, I want the hole for a wideband.

You could just buy a lambda sleeve, £18 quid from GMC, does the same thing. I really don't see the need to have any substrate in there and pay £80 from Ktec!!

I've had my decat on for 4 days and no light (ecu is remapped though). I'll be taking out my post cat lambda anyway and sleeving it, I want the hole for a wideband.

I take it the sleeve allows the Lambda probe (post cat) to get upto temp and then just sit in its own air (that being clean and such believes a cat is in line) trapped when you sleeve it. I believe if it doesn't get upto temp it generates a fault (but I am assuming the post cat lambda is self heating ).
I can remember seeing a electronics loom (made by akro) which did away with the probe altogether.

When they remapped, did they reconfigure the ecu to ignore the probe?.....I take it you fitting a wideband is to compliment and make your performance enhancements more efficient (thats not fuel efficiency!)

I take it the sleeve allows the Lambda probe (post cat) to get upto temp and then just sit in its own air (that being clean and such believes a cat is in line) trapped when you sleeve it. I believe if it doesn't get upto temp it generates a fault (but I am assuming the post cat lambda is self heating ).
I can remember seeing a electronics loom (made by akro) which did away with the probe altogether.

When they remapped, did they reconfigure the ecu to ignore the probe?.....I take it you fitting a wideband is to compliment and make your performance enhancements more efficient (thats not fuel efficiency!)

Yeah my understanding is the lambda just screws in and you secure it somewhere. Basically it's just a fancy 'cap' (probably with a few breather holes I'm not sure?) for the probe tip - so yes it will still heat etc as per normal.

I don't know what level of control the ECU has regards ignoring the sensor or not? Speak to RS Tuning, they are the experts on these ECU's. They can advise what amount or tinkering the ECU will allow or if it can be bypassed altogether. Given the number of people I have seen with pre-cat deletes and main decats, I don't think there will be an issue once mapped (mine certainly hasn't flagged anything yet and it was mapped for a sports cat not a decat). So if you do get it mapped - I doubt you'll need any of these sleeves anyway.

I've probably changed my mind on using a sleeve now anyway. I am thinking it might be neater to send a simulated 0-1v narrowband signal back to the ECU from the wideband setup. - Just need to investigate the wiring side.
I basicaly don't want 3 bungs in the exhaust hence why I was thinking sleeve the post cat one because it's doing sweet FA on my car now anyway!

Great to here your thoughts.
I am going to get it mapped but after the decat system is on.
I'll give RS tuning a shout.

I see the wide band has extra 1 to 2 wires.

Thanks

Great to here your thoughts.
I am going to get it mapped but after the decat system is on.
I'll give RS tuning a shout.

I see the wide band has extra 1 to 2 wires.

Thanks

For £18 or whatever it ends up costing delivered, I'd take a punt and hope it does enough to keep the EML off until the remap. When you get it remapped I'd fully expect the advice might be to put it back in.

Alternatively though.... for about the same money you could buy an OBD2 reader and just clear it down each time, that way you have something with an actual use too after remapping.
I have this one, works a treat: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005N5HN7A/?tag=clio197-21

I'm pretty sure I'll go for the PLX Gen4 wideband, or the AEM UEGO (soo many bad reports on the Innovate kit!). But I like the PLX stuff because of the way you can daisy chain the modules and output to the same gauge or even your iPhone. Either way I want a Bosch 4.9 LSU lambda probe and a decent controller with the correct chip. That way you don't have to faff about with any free air calibration stuff like the older 4.2 LSU's needed. Been a few months since I last looked into it mind so need to brush up and make a decision this week I think!

Thanks for the link and the advice, ordered a sleeve from GMC motorsport, as you say worth a punt. I have bluetooth ODBD 2 see how that goes.
Interesting reading ECU mapping, but will leave that bedtime reading till later, have some late nights ahead in getting the car mods completed.