Kw v1 coilovers

Has anyone got the kw v1s on there car can you please tell me if they are good I just brought some and rang 519auto to get them fitted and he thinks they are a bit to soft so I am thinking of sending them back and getting the v3s and get them set up stiffer what's your thoughts ?

The thing is if I get the v3s ill get them set up once and never touch the setting again as I won't know what I'm doing so I'm thinking is it worth me getting them

Think if you do more trackdays then v3's but if your like me and more fast road then v1's as i no if i went for v3's i very much doubt i would adjust them once on.Like i said in the thread before the v1's are a good bit of kit.

Think if you do more trackdays then v3's but if your like me and more fast road then v1's as i no if i went for v3's i very much doubt i would adjust them once on.Like i said in the thread before the v1's are a good bit of kit.

Do you think they are a bit soft how does the car handle with them I love throwing it in to corners hard

Ive recently put V1's on my 197 with some simo adjustable top mounts, the ride is spot on a little harder than the standard cup suspension, I've got my first track day next monday so will feedback then.

Current geo set up is: -1.10 degree camber on the front with +0.1 toe
- 1.35 degree camber rear with -0.16 toe

Ive recently put V1's on my 197 with some simo adjustable top mounts, the ride is spot on a little harder than the standard cup suspension, I've got my first track day next monday so will feedback then.

Current geo set up is: -1.10 degree camber on the front with +0.1 toe
- 1.35 degree camber rear with -0.16 toe

Will wait for your feedback from the track what's the benefits of having adjustable top mounts

V1's soft?? when gone out in car's on v1's ive never thought they are soft. T

V3's are great if know what doing them and have the knowledge how to tweek them. Suppouse only advantage is can set them from soft too hard if needed.

How much differently would set the v3's up compared to the fixed v1's that are pre set by KW? Not a lot probley.

Unless it's an out and out track car id stick with the v1's. Be plenty up to the job! save money and put towards summit else :thumbsup:

Last edited:
V1's soft?? when gone out in car's on v1's ive never thought they are soft. T

V3's are great if know what doing them and have the knowledge how to tweek them. Suppouse only advantage is can set them from soft too hard if needed.

How much differently would set the v3's up compared to the fixed v1's that are pre set by KW? Not a lot probley.

Unless it's an out and out track car id stick with the v1's. Be plenty up to the job! save money and put towards summit else :thumbsup:

Yh think I'm going to stick with the ones i got its just the guy I spoke to at 519auto was putting me off them

I don't have coilovers mate, but you may as well stick with v1's, so many people on here (and in the general car community) do stuff to their car that is waste of money as its quite often over kill for their needs. V3's are a good example!

I have V1s on the 172 and they are fantastic for the road, soft enough to ride a good A road yet firm enough for good feel, even had it around track with V1s and they surprised me at how capable they were.

I have V3s on the 197 and if you do a lot of trackdays i hardly find it overkill, the ability to stiffen them up for track and then soften back for the drive home is priceless. When you get competent enough to adjust them for different tracks depending on smoothness, rumble strips etc. then you really can make great advantage of them!

V1's are a good for a fast road set up. I've been running them for nearly two years. Very good for the money. He probably wants to sell you some Spax tat he has lying around :wink:

Will wait for your feedback from the track what's the benefits of having adjustable top mounts

Means you can actually adjust the camber on the front, when i put the coilovers on and set the top mounts neutral, front left had -0.9 camber and front right -0.3 camber.