KW clubsports...too extreme for street use?

The cost aside (£1800), and I know KW3 are the better compromise for track\road use between the two....are KW Clubsports...too extreme for daily road use? Is their enough to soften them up through the adjust-ability or the linear springs going to increase my dentist bill?

The ride is definitely harsher on the Clubsports. Softening the dampers just makes the ride "springy/bouncy". I've got them set halfway on both bump and rebound and feel its the best setup for road use.

Hard but not too bad. Emma drives the car to work every day and she has no complaints.

They do make a massive difference on track though. Even for a relative novice like me the improvement they give is very noticeable. Another advantage of these is the adjustable top mounts for adjusting the camber. I'm set at -1.5 at the mo as to not ruin the insides of the tyres totally.

Oh. If you buy them from K-Tec, with the forum discount, you get them for closer to £1700.

Never driven club sports but my v3's are great. Very smooth and even when soft they just glide and soak everything up. Very smooth but still stay flat. Not as good turn in but still good. Even on my road settings I've had compliments from people, one even saying it felt nicer than his brand new golf gt tdi.

Never driven club sports but my v3's are great. Very smooth and even when soft they just glide and soak everything up. Very smooth but still stay flat. Not as good turn in but still good. Even on my road settings I've had compliments from people, one even saying it felt nicer than his brand new golf gt tdi.

Cant wait to fit mine!

Mine are set at 9/5 which I believe is their nurburgring setting.
Can be harsh over bumpy roads for sure but great on track.
I can live with the harshness tbh 8)

Notice the difference on the road?

Yeah the KW's are smoother than standard shocks and aftermarket springs. Don't bounce and soaks it up as a-posed to crashing into the lumps and bumps. There so flat as well, feels so much like a go kart. With your diff you'll notice the difference loads, point and shoot!! Take the plunge, you'll thank me for it I promise :smile: Shame I didn't take u out at FCS so u could feel the difference.

Agreed with Mike, the V3s are everything that the standard suspension is and more. Smoother and most noticeably gives much more grip in the corners.

That's what we're saying, they're smoother on the soft settings (without being bouncy IMO) and handle similarly. With harder settings they handle superbly and I couldn't ask for anymore but you do notice the harsher ride on road if running hard settings.

Should I trade in my V3 for the Clubsports? I need to pay only 100€ more for them. Tried Clio 200 with them today and they don't seem much stiffer than my V3 but the Clubsports are on the softest setup...

I'm using the car mostly on public roads. 95% use.

Suggestions?

I had clubsports on a car and found them fine for road, they are adjustable after all. Ok they were bumpy over potholed roads but were still damped well.

My car also had a full welded cage and poly bushes, solid engine and gearbox mounts.

I have club sports, and they are superb but certainly not worth the premium monies unless you use them properly unlike me but I got them ridiculously cheap.....

I have Clubsports for a couple of months now and they are great.

Haven't felt a big difference between the V3's and them in terms of ride comfort now that I have lifted the rear.

I would stay with my V3's if I didn't get these really cheap (my V3's and 100€).

IMAG4112.jpg

Last edited: