KTR Induction + Akrapovic Evolution

Fitted my new KTR Induction kit at the weekend and couldn't quite believe the sound it made. I've had induction kits on all my cars but I've never heard such a roar over 5k. I do love it but it seems to drone out the Akra at the top end...which I'm not sure if I am happy about? Anyone else who has this set up felt the same?

Also, was a bitch to fit that heat shield in. It looks like they have changed their heat shield design and made it bigger. Did anyone else find this?

The drone is why I got rid of mine..

Had no trouble fitting, apart from removing battery surround which was a pain. As long as you put the dowel in the hole at the back of the bay first your fine, but theres a tube that sits behind the hole, so you have to shift that out the way so it can go all the way back.

Felt exactly the same, almost got rid because of it as I love the sound of my exhaust (Ktec not akra). I just fold my seats down when I want to hear the exhaust a little more haha

this is exactly why i never got one..talked to [MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION] after he got rid of his...i prefer my ktec exhaust to an induction kit sound...

I love the sound mine makes, i think it compliments the noise from the Milltek well! Toying with the idea of taking the back seats out for the summer

So KTEC sent me the wrong heat shield - I had the LHD version - this still fits (albeit tight) hence my issues with fitting.

I think the LHD version was acting more of a speaker (being bigger and all!). But now that is sorted and I have the RHD version in.

Now I've lived with the KTEC and the Akra for a couple of weeks - I love it. It is loud but not too loud. Deep roar at low revs, then the Akra comes in up to 5k then the KTEC takes over.

Last edited: