Ktec system with cat independant dyno figures

Just to clear up all the crap..

I had a K-Tec Racing Pro Performance System and 200cell cat fitted.

Fist impressions are its too loud, but I may get used to it -seems boomy in the car..

on the initial run the car made 185.5BHP DIN at the flywheel -best of 5runs (This is 192.1BHP on the day, but the dyno compensates for the cool air temp and high air pressure yesterday -reducing the power accordingly so that better comparisons can be made further down the line)

Jim fitted the exhaust, as standard, had to put two washers on the left hanger to get it sitting right, and replaced all the exhaust clamps for miltek items, also his top tip: use silicone sealant to assemble the exhaust -it seals better than exhaust putty and also you can still get the system apart after.

The car was put straight back on the dyno (within the hour) warmed up and we performed another 5 runs and best made 188.8BHP DIN (195.5BHP on the day).

Dyno%20run%20189.jpg

The Blue line is with the system fitted...

The system makes more power throughout, apart from a slight dip at the cam change over point.

Peaks: +5lb/ft (7Nm) @ 5250rpm & +6bhp @ 5900rpm

It consistently makes +4bhp more than the standard system from 5k rpm to redline.

All in all I'm pleased.. The car only has 1800miles on it so will be able to see long term whether it makes any more power later on down the line..

Big shout out to Jim @ JKM for fitting the system and performing the before and after runs, http://www.jkm.org.uk/

Best Regards

Andy

Last edited:
-plan to in the near future..

Video of some runs with the system:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8app5OkrEY[/YOUTUBE]
-Andy

Last edited:
very nice.

i was thinking of a ktr but i can get a deal on a miltek system from my mates shop so will go for that one if i do change

money is being taken up by tie rods ball joints and wheel refurbs though at the moment...

- silicone melts after a few days and the exhaust starts blowing again (even the high temp stuff)

- the F4R engines dont have 2 different cam loebs like V-TEC engines, the VVT engines in the clios should have a smooth power curve right to the redline.

Interesting results - I've lost 7bhp with the Miltek 200cell system and 3 lengths of a car when racing against friends that I've raced before the exhaust.

Got it sorted with the remap.

- silicone melts after a few days and the exhaust starts blowing again (even the high temp stuff)

- the F4R engines dont have 2 different cam loebs like V-TEC engines, the VVT engines in the clios should have a smooth power curve right to the redline.

I'll stick by Jim on the silicone, its only used to assemble the exhaust and take up a few thou clearance of an exhaust that would otherwise be assembled dry..

I agree -the beginning of the system if flashing over 300C then it will degrade.. but not happened on my turbo panda yet.

The engine doesn't run different cams but as it passes over 4500rpm the dephaser solenoid is no longer powered, and the dephaser alters timing to improve performance at higher rpm's better.

-Andy

Last edited:
Great little write up and always good to see some positive independant tests.

As for silicone, this is now common place as there are now high temp, exhaust specific silicones available for fitting systems.

David.