Knock/clunk from the rear..

Since picking the car up I've had a knock when the car is cold. For the first 5 minutes, when I change gear I get a clunking noise. To be more exact, it knocks when I put the clutch in and then again when I select a gear.

I originally thought it was the exhaust hitting the diffuser but Arran mentioned that there has been a issue with the boot (I think it was the locking mechanism or something).

Now, does anyone have any experience of my issue or read anything about the boot problem?

A guide would be awesome curley as i need to look at mine but not too sure how to pull it in tightly, granted i havnt looked yet so it could be easy but i dont know when il get time.

Since picking the car up I've had a knock when the car is cold. For the first 5 minutes, when I change gear I get a clunking noise. To be more exact, it knocks when I put the clutch in and then again when I select a gear.

I originally thought it was the exhaust hitting the diffuser but Arran mentioned that there has been a issue with the boot (I think it was the locking mechanism or something).

Now, does anyone have any experience of my issue or read anything about the boot problem?

Why do you think that this can be related to the boot? If the noise come only when the car is cold pressing the clutch and changing the gear it seems to me that this can be related to the trasmission. I hope to fault because obiusly it's better to be the boot.
I sold my last M3 because the clutch trasmission clunck make me crazy. I don't want a rolls royce car but only a car that doesn't rattle like a old broken car. Now I'm waiting for the Gordini and I hope that your problem is a boot problem (easy to resolve) and not a trasmission problem. But I am positive because I never known of a trasmission rattle noise for the Clio RS. The M3 clunk noise indeed is famous.....

ive got the same it goes after about 5 mins if that. ive put it down to the cold start fueling making the exhaust pop as its on a gear change

ive got the same it goes after about 5 mins if that. ive put it down to the cold start fueling making the exhaust pop as its on a gear change

Same here.
I thought it was the exhaust knocking but its not, its as 200cup andy has put, the exhaust poping.

I like the sound of it and wish it did it all the time and not just for the first 5 mins.

I get a similar knocking from the front, I also get it at low speed if I just get on and off the throttle.

It sounds like an engine mount to me.

Turn up the stereo - job's a good un :wink:.

Getting it on my 200 - at the moment I'm ignoring it - still got a year and half of warranty.

Ye Curley, it's the exhaust popping from the cold start. Put the window down and turn the radio off. Listen and you can hear it! I love it! Lol! The boot banging is usually more apparent when the car is warm and you drive over rough surfaces.

Wouldn't have thought it was that? Surely the exhaust isn't warm enough on a cold start to ignite unburnt fuel? Plus you'd get the noise if you just lifted off the throttle sharply.

I've got this problem, does seem like a mechanical noise. Think I'm going to get the car booked in after Christmas to have it looked at (along with a few other niggles)

Wouldn't have thought it was that? Surely the exhaust isn't warm enough on a cold start to ignite unburnt fuel? Plus you'd get the noise if you just lifted off the throttle sharply.

I've got this problem, does seem like a mechanical noise. Think I'm going to get the car booked in after Christmas to have it looked at (along with a few other niggles)

but then why does it stop, if its a mechanical noise it would keep happening all the time

It is mate.
Mine also pop's on tick over when ive been on the motorway.
Ive got out of the car and stood at the back, its the same poping as when cold when you change gear.

I'm not sure if that is what is happening exactly, but the exhaust is the cause of mine. And like I said, I love the noise!

Still not convinced. Running that rich would feck the cats over time with all the unburnt fuel

Would that be the only cause or could it be something else, obviously to do with the engine. It isn't that loud and it only happens for a short amount of time.

Its under warranty curley thrash the tits of it and see if anything breaks. Otherwise just put it down to it being a renault. I have a similar issue that i only notice when going under 20 mph but mines there when it warm too.

Pete