197: Keys

930Tech

CLIO CUP groupee.
Platinum Member
Been to look at two white 197 cups today and both cars (different locations) had a basic key, the second car had two keys but both were the basic type.

I've looked at around 8 cups now and these were the first time i'd seen these keys, the others had a flip out key, like a golf (but better :rofl:smile:

Are there two different systems or should there be a flip out key?

The first one i looked at today was totally basic, no options at all, i liked it.;/

I thought all the cups came with keys like:

pl12949-renault_3button_remote_case.jpg

Full Fat ones have these:

Renault-Megane-Remote-Key-Case-with-battery-.jpg

No idea about the keys, but I'm with you on preferring the basic cups. Surely that's the whole point of the cup in the first place.

I thought all the cups came with keys like:

pl12949-renault_3button_remote_case.jpg

The bigger of those two keys are the only ones i've seen on those two cars today, yesterday i tried an 09 cup and it had the flip out key, as did the other 09 that was hit by the horse box ;/

I like my "basic" key, I found when I had one of the key card keys for my old megane the novelty wore off pretty quickly

I'm not sure about the 197 cups but the 200 cups come with the following different types of keys and you get one of each (excuse the phone pic).

I'll take my Audi-marque folding keyfob anytime over the keycard :tongueout:inky:

img20120104001045.jpg

I agree. I didn't think I'd be bothered about having keyless entry, but after a few weeks of it just sitting in my wallet untouched, it's starting to be something I really like about the car.

Not just the novelty of not having to use a key, but the convenience it gives you. It makes it so much easier when you're lugging a few bags of kit to the car with both hands full, not to have to fumble around for a key to open the door/boot.

It does take some getting used to though. A couple of times a week, I still find myself reaching for the steering column to turn the engine off!

I agree. I didn't think I'd be bothered about having keyless entry, but after a few weeks of it just sitting in my wallet untouched, it's starting to be something I really like about the car.

Not just the novelty of not having to use a key, but the convenience it gives you. It makes it so much easier when you're lugging a few bags of kit to the car with both hands full, not to have to fumble around for a key to open the door/boot.

It does take some getting used to though. A couple of times a week, I still find myself reaching for the steering column to turn the engine off!

ditto. I have always been a wind up window man and the less frills the better... but actually having the keyless entry is quite a nice touch.

You have clearly not had the pleasure of comfort access, it is excellent.

Had it on an 11' plate megane 1.6 hire car.

Instead of putting a key in the steering column, i had to insert a keycard into a slot on the dashboard before pressing the brake and the start button. I prefer just turning a key to be honest.

Anyway this is besides the point, this topic wasnt "FF owners re-assure yourselves about your surperior entry system" its just a topic regarding the different keys available on the Renault range.

I think i've sussed it out then, the later 197's, the 09 plates had what looks to be the flip out keys that are now standard fare on the 200's.

That and the fact if i buy a cup i'll be treated like a leper for the rest of my time on here by those with the luxury trimmings of a full fat (more slightly plump) car :rofl:

Bring it on fatties :thumbup:

i'm pretty sure that your right about late models having the flip out key , i have had keyless entry on 3 cars now my clio dyn s , my megane dyn s and now my gt line and its getting better everytime , on my clio it just locked the doors, on my 1st megane it would close all the windows and the sunroof when you locked it and now it locks and folds the mirrors as you walk off , it always amazes people in car parks when it does it