key cards

danrst

Paid Member
I've got a 3 and a half year old clio 200 and recently, both of the keycards have stopped working.

I can't use either door to unlock the car, nor can I use the buttons on the card to unlock the doors either. Eventually, it does unlock and then I have to put the card in for it to work.

The strange thing is this only seems to happen early morning or late afternoon (as though daylight is affecting it?) If I try during the middle of the day it opens first time most of the time.

So I'm going to go buy a battery although a local locksmith who deals in car fob batteries too said that it's more likely something internal within the car or the card? Has anyone heard stories about these breaking? I mean, it's a French car so the wiring is usually bad anyway, but for it to break after 3 and a half years is kind of a joke!

I had the same issue this morning - the key card would not unlock the car at all. I eventually got in however the car would only start with the card inserted in the dash. Then when I go to work, I couldn't lock it... I went back home, tried the second keycard, same problem.

It's been a lot colder this morning than any other day for a while, so I wondered if that was the issue. So I warmed the card up by just rubbing it in my hands and lo and behold it worked! Same with the second key as well...

I can only assume that the cards don't work too well when it's cold?? It seems like such a stupid thing, but the warmth seemed to do the trick :zap:

I had the same issue this morning - the key card would not unlock the car at all. I eventually got in however the car would only start with the card inserted in the dash. Then when I go to work, I couldn't lock it... I went back home, tried the second keycard, same problem.

It's been a lot colder this morning than any other day for a while, so I wondered if that was the issue. So I warmed the card up by just rubbing it in my hands and lo and behold it worked! Same with the second key as well...

I can only assume that the cards don't work too well when it's cold?? It seems like such a stupid thing, but the warmth seemed to do the trick :zap:

batteries are shagged...