Kev and Matt from TDF

very big thanks to Kev for sorting this out for thos that turned up, also very big thanks to matt for spending the time and effort sorting out my trouble som car

top day

started with 145bhp at the wheels due to the dodgy air filter setup.
finished with 160bhp at the wheels 174bhp at the flywheel, so a 15bhp gain so im really pleased and i now know my car is running right and is def pulling better

Results sound a bit odd to me. Only 14bhp transmission losses and 174 is 20 down on Renault's claims.

I'll post the graphs when i'm in on Monday. On a 197 I'd expect around 14% drivetrain loss. A really good 197 will make around 150bhp - 155bhp at the wheels SAE corrected as standard, today we had between 146 and 151 pre map IIRC.

P.s. Will provide some DD corrected figures as well which are based on data from our old Dyno Dynamics and allow you to compare fairly directly with a DD. If anyone wants a hard copy just let me know.

I was gonna post up graph up, but if matt is gonna do it, the car drives soooo smooth, but gotto get rid of the bloody flat spot, then I'll wait, thanks again matt

If 160bhp is post 14% losses then the flywheel figure would be 186, still 8bhp down on supposed standard after a remap. How depressing! :blush:hmy:

I can pull jpegs straight off the dyno so that makes posting them easy :smile:

Your car made really good power! The decat flat spot is a complete pain - Paul and I are working on a solution and once complete then as discussed it's free to you!

If 160bhp is post 14% losses then the flywheel figure would be 186, still 8bhp down on supposed standard after a remap. How depressing! :blush:hmy:

160 at the wheels would give around 190bhp on our previous DD road. Still down on the stock figures but then we all know they don't make book figures! ;-)

When remapping a road car we'll always baseline the car first to give as exact as possible comparison of before and after. This way the percentage gain can be easily calculated and seen.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sean197 Clio General Chat 68
Gary Royle Other Marques 6
M Spotted 4
Stevoox General Chat 29
Tree200 Spotted 4