K&N Induction Kit

Hey there folks, am new to clios and only picked up my 197 on saturday. must say tho, im in loooove :001_wub:

Anyways, ive looked at the standard airflow system, an my airflow system, an i can see why its not working, buttttt, i wanna know how other people have addressed the problem.

Basically, the induction kit bolts straight on to the top of the engine with about a 110° silicon hose, then a cold air feed pipe to the front of the car somewhere (ie a vent), but that bypassess the airflow meter which is causing a huge drop in acceleration.
How do you go about puttin the AFM into the airflow system so that its still readin correctly an not producing a huge lag.

Unless anyone knows of a standard air flow system kickin round? :tongue_smilie:

Guessing it come with the induction kit on? Suprised if they've bypassed the MAF it's not throwing the engine management light on! If the kit is specifically designed for the car it usually takes into account where the MAF sensor is and incorporates this into the design of the intake. I'm guessing this then is a universal? I haven't had a good look but where is the MAF usually located on the standard system? Is it not on the throttle body on the clios?

By the way were you parked outside flames last night?

its on the right hand side under the bonnet Bri, like just infront of the suspension turret.
I think it maybe universal tbh, bt i reckon that if i could get a good air flow to it, and also incorporate the MAF, it would work and would sound nice again.

An yeh i was dude, i saw you drive past when i was waitin for my munch haha

after market induction kits dont work on clios, no matter how you fit them, waste of money.

and theres no air flow meter along in the induction pipes

ahhh, so that MAF at the right side of the bay is literally how it stands in the standard system and on its own with no pipes connected no?

has anyone got a pic they can upload? ive sorted a standard airbox an all the pipes so jus gona upgrade the panel filter when i get that.

a pipe does connect to that but its not MAF its a valve thats connects to a second inlet to the airbox, controlled by vacuum pressure from the inlet/plemun and electrics from ecu.

a pipe does connect to that but its not MAF its a valve thats connects to a second inlet to the airbox, controlled by vacuum pressure from the inlet/plemun and electrics from ecu.

i gets you now dude, it has a couple of vacuum pipes goin to the inlet an that an saw the flap inside an fort it must be used for summit to do wit airflow.
ive sorted a standard airflow system now so cant wait to hook it up an have my power back hahaha

i dont understand, how K&N who manufacture these so called "Performance" induction kits dont know how to actually make one that fully works haha.

ah well, someone will buy the K&N im sure

yeh i think the valve opens/closes at certain revs, also maybe cold start aswel, a few people on here go for the clio V6 airbox as its used the cup racers, theres also the r3 airbox but its very pricey and have to move things. easy way is to keep standard and swap the standard panel filter with a itg panel filter. ive got one on mine, saying that im ive just brought a pipercross this week, fancy trying summat different.