Just used G techniq C4

ashtons99

Gold Member
Ive posted this on detailing world but I thought it may be of interest here.

The first thing I will say is that GT provided lightening service on this product.

I have used it today on the door pillar wraps, mirror mounts and grill on my lads Corsa and on the grills, mirror mounts and wheel arch vents on my RS Clio.

I honestly dont know what to make of it. As a product it comes in a very small amount for the money. I have used half a bottle doing the parts listed. It is easy to use - I prepared all the surfaces with IPA then used a combination of the small pads and a swab like a large ear bud.

The end result seems to vary and is "surface dependant". On the textured mirror mounts and door pillar wraps it gives a very good finish but no better than any other proprietary product like autoglym vinyl care or similar.

On very smooth plastic finishes like the wheelarch side vents the finish is not as good as some other plastic trim treatments.

It does seem that this product has some restorative properties which is probably where it gains over simpler coatings. I believe the other selling point is the endurance of the finish.

Im not sure whether it is worth £23 but time will tell

I use this on all of the textured bits of the clo

z-g7516_endurance-500x500.jpg

Works a treat, doesn't cost much and smells awesome (doesn't taste it though :/)

You will easily see 12 months out of the C4. I rate it very highly and recommend it to anybody. If the finish isn't to your liking try another coat for added gloss.

Im sure you are right. I dont think I really knew what to expect. I will give the vents another coat tomorrow.......if it stops fine!!

I use this on all of the textured bits of the clo

z-g7516_endurance-500x500.jpg

Works a treat, doesn't cost much and smells awesome (doesn't taste it though :/)

Brilliant for tyres, I agree and lasts longer than any other tyre treatment.
I find it attracts dust too easily for trim parts though

Another option in Auto Finesse Revive. Its nowhere near as durable as G/techniq but it give a good finish.

Dodo Juice have recently released a new range of nano-ceramic coatings (wheel sealant, trim sealant and paint sealant). The trim sealant should last for about a year.