Just joined need help on car !

i currently have my supercharged civic type r ep3 up for sale and with the funds i get i want a clio 197 f1 liquid yellow or a megane r26 i love the look of the 197 the only thing putting me off is this flat spot problem is it really that bad i wont be modding it as im keeping it completly standard ! i know all the other problems but thats the joy of having on :smile: i just want to know if its so bad when your cruising ?

i'd say it was barely noticeable on a standard car mate,only really becomes apparent when you remove cats or silencers from the exhaust,i know you want to keep it standard but £300 on a good remap and the flat spot between 2-3rpm and the cold start issue will be totally gone...

:welcome:mate
Have you not been in a 197 ???? It's only there to stop you going to fast:rofl:
But as previously said its hardly noticeable when your having fun:smile:

i love my civic but i want something not as loud and less power so i can save money what do you get out of a full tank i get 160 to 200 miles in my 305 bhp civic driving normal and abit mad cost around 60 til fill up ? i want a standard clio so its just easy to nip round town and go on track days etc civic is good for track etc but niping round town its not nice and smooth because of how tuned its been ! does the clio still run smooth low down the rpm after heavy tuning !

People are so much nicer on the renault forums I'm sick of the type r one people just give you **** all the time !! Full of dickss ! Thanks for the great answers guys :smile:

Goodluck in your search :smile:. I have no issue with the flat spot, and its nothing a remap can't sort out!

This is the best forum I have used. It's great!

The 197 is a fantastic car. There are a few things, like you get with most cars. The cold start issue which is a little annoying, but I found running the car on Tesco Momentum virtually cured it. But such a great car, I miss mine loads.

Good luck with buying. You got any pictures of your Civic?

Ye mate this is a good site and my civic is on eBay type in civic type r supercharged it the 2002 red one with white wheels mate :smile: I'm going to miss it lol wish I could keep it as well for a weekend car ! I'm only getting 200 miles to a tank it's running 305 bhp. What do people thing of the r26 megane ?

Looks a nice Type R in fairness. Red would be the colour I would chose in the EP3. The R26 is a great car in its own right also - I just prefer the Clio looks wise etc.

civic looks nice mate, where in essex are you ? iv got a 200 cup and im not too far from dartford in the weekdays, have you ever been in a 197 or 200 ?

Never been in one but my friend has a 197 cup I only want the f1 in ly I really want one lol !!! I'm near Harlow in Essex mate. Yea I love the look of the clio the megane is ugly at the back !

Yea I'm meeting him soon hopefully to have a lil go but he has middle box out and flat spot is really bad and said it will put me off lol

Are the meganes a lot quicker and what are the handling like on them ido prefer the look of the clio but power wise the megane might be a lil bit better on fuel from what I heard ?

Similar Thread Suggestions