Have just joined the dark side

Chris

Bad cop
I've just gone and done it.

I've just signed up to eBay.

My dad is an addict to the site and I've resisted for many years - today is the day my bank account is going to start being lighter!

Just bought some microfibres - surprised at the price...... so it begins.

I buy everything from shoelaces, car springs to sunglasses cases.

Hit the button, forget parking in town etc....just wait for the postie.

Link up to Nectar - and you even get points back that you can spend on eBay !

It's almost like perpetual motion :smile:

Reactions: Chris
My dad has packaged turn up pretty much everyday - very much like yourself he buys everything on there - a lot of crap though which I'm going to have to try hard to resist.

Have drawers full of 'stuff'...

Bejaysus! You had me worried for a moments, I thought you'd bought a Japanese car! I'm no eBay addict, maybe a bit around Christmas, more Amazon for me, but mainly an old fashioned shopper, I like to handle what I buy before I pay for it. Cd's excepted, buy them online. Downloads?....never done it! I like the artwork on cd covers & whilst you can often print it yourself it's not the same. Also I think that with the musicians I like you need a whole album to really "get" the music, not just the odd bit of music you hear on the radio or whatever.

Reactions: Sneydster and Chris
Bejaysus! You had me worried for a moments, I thought you'd bought a Japanese car! I'm no eBay addict, maybe a bit around Christmas, more Amazon for me, but mainly an old fashioned shopper, I like to handle what I buy before I pay for it. Cd's excepted, buy them online. Downloads?....never done it! I like the artwork on cd covers & whilst you can often print it yourself it's not the same. Also I think that with the musicians I like you need a whole album to really "get" the music, not just the odd bit of music you hear on the radio or whatever.

Yeah I love Amazon also - am a prime member, for some things it's excellent but there seems to be 10 times more of everything on eBay.

Love eBay myself, as Shuv says link to a Nectar card to get points. Happy shopping Chris!

Thanks mate :smile:

Thought you had gone and got a limited edition corsa??????!!!!

Christ no - would rather push my Clio.

I've bought over 150 items since joining last Feb. It's amazing how many things you realise that you 'need' when you're sitting browsing at work. In fact, just today I've bought 8 items totalling nearly £300, a pair of golf shoes, a gopro, and 6 goodies for the car.

Reactions: Chris
I've bought over 150 items since joining last Feb. It's amazing how many things you realise that you 'need' when you're sitting browsing at work. In fact, just today I've bought 8 items totalling nearly £300, a pair of golf shoes, a gopro, and 6 goodies for the car.

Haha love the logic Sean. Buying whilst earning :smiley:

Reactions: Sean197
How have you possibly gone this long without eBay?!

Amazon mate...

Albeit it so far eBay seems a tad cheaper - but a lot of stuff is from china.

But a remote for my tele was like £25 on amazon - its £6 on eBay so winner...

200.gif

Just sayin'.... :wink:

But seriously, I've always found that eBay tends to be cheaper than Amazon, and there seems to be a lot more choice. Plus Amazon couriers won't deliver to me at work, yet most eBay sellers use us 'proper' delivery peeps.

Reactions: Pav and Sean197
200.gif

Just sayin'.... :wink:

But seriously, I've always found that eBay tends to be cheaper than Amazon, and there seems to be a lot more choice. Plus Amazon couriers won't deliver to me at work, yet most eBay sellers use us 'proper' delivery peeps.

How come they won't deliver to your work Jimmy ? We have recently got Amazon prime at work and I've been really happy with it - especially the fact I can use it for Amazon tv at home lol. eBay is usually cheaper though and I do use both on a regular basis, I like the fact Amazon has product specific reviews as opposed to seller feedback on eBay

How come they won't deliver to your work Jimmy ? We have recently got Amazon prime at work and I've been really happy with it - especially the fact I can use it for Amazon tv at home lol. eBay is usually cheaper though and I do use both on a regular basis, I like the fact Amazon has product specific reviews as opposed to seller feedback on eBay

I work at Royal Mail, so for some reason they won't deliver to the office. I assume because they can't get access after a certain time, not sure really. The feedback/reviews is a good point actually - I've seen ebay have started doing this, but it might take a while for it to be applicable to a wider range of things.

Similar Thread Suggestions