Just had my a*se handed to me

Ok so ive got from racing 911's at Vmax in my old A45 to getting my arse handed to me just now by a fiesta ST.
it looked well modded going by the exhaust outlets and wheels but still not a good feeling, RST are a bit far for me to Travel but has anyone used the superchips remot tune thing, always preferred proper remaps but this could be a good stop gap?

I recently traded in my J VXR so I have some empathy. I miss the torque and the lower delivery of it but I was out for a blast earlier today round some stunning B roads and I genuinely don't think I've driven such a wonderfully capable car round the twisty stuff. Now, I personally don't know a great deal about the 200T so I'm not really going to be able to answer that fully but I would say that I would never use any form of chip box/bluefin/generic map. A proper remap with diagnostics has no equal.

Are there no other reputable tuners closer to you who you could contact and find out if they have any experience of tuning these?

Last edited:
the st with a stage 2 remap can pull 220-240 bhp if im not mistaken..so if that was the case,i wouldnt be that sad :hug1:

well coilovers but power wise it's standard.

A remapped 200t would destroy a standard ST in a straight line and so it makes sence that the opposites apply also.

In the corners is when I've come across a few sts and I've left them, but that's very much driver dependant. Too many young lads who climb out a 1.2 fiesta into these STs the moment they turn 18 and think they can drive them fast..

Reactions: Sean197
I'll drop them an email cheers, has anyone on here used superchips though? Don't plan on having the car that long and the fact you can remove and add the bluefin map yourself appeals to me

Fiestas are brilliant little cars! Loved my revo stage 2 ST. 200 bhp never feels enough these days so giving rs tuning a call soon for a custom map to go with my maxogen and scorpion exhaust. Would be good to see how it compares to the fiesta then

I don't see why after remapping it you'd want to put it back to stock

cant beat a custom remap..

I actually had a mk7 ST before the Clio (I know many will see it as a 'downgrade', but i have my reasons :wink:), and standard, it was slower in a straight line than the Clio. However, even with just the Mountune 215 package it'll out-pace a Clio in a straight drag race (I think Chris Harris did a video demonstrating that a while back). So, as others have said, I wouldn't feel too bad! A modified car beating a standard one isn't the end of the world, especially when they're not worlds apart to start with.

The best ar*e handing I ever gave out was to a heavily modified mk4 Golf GTi in a battered old Saab 93 Aero...the looks on their faces! :lol:

well coilovers but power wise it's standard.

A remapped 200t would destroy a standard ST in a straight line and so it makes sence that the opposites apply also.

In the corners is when I've come across a few sts and I've left them, but that's very much driver dependant. Too many young lads who climb out a 1.2 fiesta into these STs the moment they turn 18 and think they can drive them fast..

Can't find a better explaination for this 'arse handing' than [MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION] 's comment here :smile:

Same applies both ways.

I'll be trading the car in for a C63 next year so don't want a map on it, don't fancy a trip to Leeds for a map let alone two you remove the map aswell lol