Just bought a red 197

Just got back from buying a 56 plate 197 in bright red. Xenons, multi-changer, and a few other bits. Picking it up on Saturday - can't wait

Car history has been VX220 --> Clio V6 (mk2) --> S2000 --> Exige --> Audi A3 (V6) --> MK1 MX5 --> 911 996 --> Clio 197

Might even take the 197 on track - do you guys organise things like that?

Mark

PS FoxSpeed - I'm sure you will be seeing this car, as I'm sure you can work out who I am :wink:

welcome fella :thumbup:

mmm have a brother called phil?

just seen your car history.......ha! ha!

Last edited:
Welcome!!! :smile:

Trackdays are very much something that goes on on here. You'll fit in well. :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone - what a warm welcome! :thumbup1:

I'll get some pictures up on Saturday once I've got it - it's currently being prepped by the garage.

not satisfied with the 996, or were the brakes due for change? :wink:

welcome. good choice :smile:

The 996 was grey, and as everyone knows, red cars are faster so I decided to change.

No, I actually sold the 996 and have bought the clio and a hot tub instead (no joke)

hmmm picked the car up today but the ride home was interesting. Turns out having 4 different types of tyres fitted (3 random budget ones, one goodyear f1) makes it pull to one side when doing over 60mph.

As if by magic, Evo magazine have done a tyre test this month and Pirelli's came out best. Time to place an order for 4 new ones.

Anyone know any good garages in Leeds that can check the geo at the same time as fitting tyres?

Also ordered some black bolt caps for the wheels.

The rubber front splitter seems to be coming away from the car so I guess that'll need looking at.

Other than that, its actually a really REALLY nice car.