just about to order a clio 200 cup :)

hi all.

will be ringing up to order my brand new, factory build, 200 cup on moday :smile:
i've already paid a deposit, i just need to let them know final choice of colour and spec.
from what i was told, i can only use 5 colours for my cup.
so i chose the only blue there, which i think, is the same blue as the evo magazines long term clio.

car_photo_365125_7.jpg

please let me know if i am wrong, or of a better colour. white has been done to death on focus st's where i am, so that isn't an option i'm afraid.... lol.

thanks in advance, stu.

RB standard colour - doesnt cost.

Alien green - liquid yellow and pearl white all cost £1250.

I fancied a storm grey but couldnt justify the extra tbh.

Sounds good mate. The Racing Blue colour is gorgeous, it is a properly French colour and suits the Clio down to the ground. It is a pretty rare colour too which is going completely against the white invasion you were talking about.

Im sure you will enjoy it. Do you know when it should arrive?

hi guys.

order monday, built by end of december, collect early jan :smile:
hopefully. just doing a complete buy out deal on finance, rather than baloon payment etc.
after seeing pics of the 'carbon' trim, i'm going to drop that from the spec, lol.
any MUST have options? except recaros.... lol.

stu.

You are wise to drop the carbon pack, it isn't as good as it could be. Even if they didn't advertise it as such it would be better. If you do wan that look then you are best getting 3M vinyl and DIY it when you feel like a change.

Well 'except' Recaros lol.... You have to spec the RS monitor - I have a feeling that this is going to be the 'next big thing' in hot hatches so getting it added may help further along the line i.e. resale value if you are buying it outright. I would have one of these fitted to mine in a heartbeat if it were possible!

what is the rs monitor?
that isn't to do with the satnav is it?
as i am getting it tax free, i will most likely sell in 1 years time (even for another one of the same car) as i will get what i payed for it at least :smile:
defiently need the recaros, they look MINT :thumbup:

Renaultsport Monitor Pack - Renaultsport monitor, 4 x 20W RDS radio CD MP3 reader and Bluetooth hands free system with fingertip remote controls, 4 speakers and multi-functional TunePoint - £400

is the standard cd player pump or something? i will most likely selling it after 1 year, so i don't want to fork out 2k for options that will only gain my £200 at best in a years time...

thanks for info, stu.

No idea I have the uprated one if you could call it that as its ugly IMHO.. I didnt spec the monitor and should have really for the extra £120 on top of what I paid for the bluetooth/usb/stereo thing but I didnt realise at the time.

I have the free RS Monitor iphone app but havn't used it yet.

Just noticed your from Carlisle.. is that your home town? im originally from that neck of the woods.

yes it is. lived in lowry hill for 19 years, now warwick on eden for the past 3 :smile:

but work in germany. i'm (hopefully) collecting this while i am on christmas leave woop woop

Sorry to explain the RS Monitor properly it is a great toy. It has a 0-60 timer, lateral G-meter, lap timer, and other bits of telementary. It is a very cool bit of kit and I would love to have it fitted to mine!

Sorry to explain the RS Monitor properly it is a great toy. It has a 0-60 timer, lateral G-meter, lap timer, and other bits of telementary. It is a very cool bit of kit and I would love to have it fitted to mine!

I've got it on mine. TBH, its a bit gimmicky, but its worth it alone for the Oil Temp readout.

If your speccing the Bluetooth headunit (as I did @ £280), the extra £120 for the monitor makes it a must really.

If your wanting the Bluetooth option, get the RS monitor as well. If not, maybe think about something else.

Obviously because I don't have it I'm not too sure if I have missed anything out for the OP but as you say it is a good option to tick and I think it will be desirable later on. I can agree that it is a bit gimmicky - you don't really need it driving to work - but it is something I would rather have, than not. :smile:

Nice one mate, RB is a good choice.

varlski_uk: on your monitor how long is it before the oil is up to temp?

Obviously because I don't have it I'm not too sure if I have missed anything out for the OP but as you say it is a good option to tick and I think it will be desirable later on. I can agree that it is a bit gimmicky - you don't really need it driving to work - but it is something I would rather have, than not. :smile:

I agree! And the fact its not retrofittable and so little money on top of the BT headunit swung the deal for me.

Nice one mate, RB is a good choice.

varlski_uk: on your monitor how long is it before the oil is up to temp?

Surprisingly quick actually. The coldest night so far this year was -2 (where I am), and I was in the car from cold at 7am. It took just over 5 minutes of 30 - 50mph (low revs & high gears). I actually made an effort to check it that morning to how good it was on a cold start, no kangarooing either!

The gearbox takes a bit longer to warm up (no temp sensor, just feel), about 10 minutes before it changes gear smoothly.

In fairness to the '15minute warm up' boys, I guess that gives all the components a chance to warm up (eg gearbox, brakes etc), not just engine oil.

Similar Thread Suggestions