197: just a quick question

I dont want to sound like a noob or anything but if i get the front splitter, side skirts and spoiler for my 197 does that effect my insurance? thanks ;/

It's always best to notify the insurance about any change's to the car, as in the event of the crash they could not pay out. But some people don't say nothing, but I find it better to be safe than sorry.

With my previous car's I have notified them about 'major' change's, for example exhaust and lowering

I would ring them up before hand and see if there would be a change on the premium, some insurers could see it as a 'body kit' and put it up quite a bit.

thanks very much am not sure if am getting them but al defo ring them up just to be safe if i end up buying them.

I will be notifying them when I lower the car and put a performance exhaust on, like I did with my previous car/insurers. Premium went up £50 for both.

Yeah give them a ring see what they say. Say it's a factory upgrade and they might not put it up at all.

Notify them but let them know it is an extra that can be on the car from factory with your model.
I've had this with a previous car when I changed the bumpers back to factory standard and they were going to put my insurance up for the change on bumper (as I was changing the model to look like another) when I told hem it was the bumpers that should have been on it from factory my premium stayed unaffected.

Make sure they know it is a factory spec item cause really the car could of come like that when you first took out the insurance with them.

Similar Thread Suggestions