joshv

D

david p c

josh.

obviously seen you a million times , i live at the top of birchwood road .you dont see many rs clio's around the area do you?
i had my cup for 4 years last week , very good car.probably change to a black 200 w/cup soon i think.

i usually go to the birchwood gym on a tues & thurs & at the w/end when i need an hour away from 2 pre-school kids!

David.

Sorry David, only just seen this thread! Haven't seen you as often recently with it being dark by the time I go home; not been in the office for a couple of weeks either!

I see a few 197s/200s here and there; saw a nice white 197 on sunday. Seen a couple in Orpington where I work but they do have a Renault garage up there so I think people either take their cars there for repair or are test driving.

Good to see you'll be sticking with a clio, you had any problems with the 197? I guess not since you're potentially thinking of getting another one :wink:

I need to refurb my wheels desperately, have some new discs and pads and braided lines waiting to fit when I get a chance, and will get some H&R lowering springs as I think it sits too high at the mo

I go to the gym Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays straight after I get in around 6.30ish til about 8.

Last edited:
Hi josh. I ordered my new clio , black with cup last week.got to wait till may for it , but that's ok.Got the green light from the mrs!
Got a good deal as I know people at masters Beckenham .they made nothing on the car as they wanted to register another sale for The qtly target.
I have had no probs with the 197 apart from the air con was not cold when the car was new and a bulb went in the heater panel last year.
Been a very good car.will sell it privately next month.should be ok as 1 owner from new,full serv hist from supplying dealer 21k.
Just got back from the gym,they need to sort theair con too !
I get down there at 8 so I just miss you.
I live up by the new restaurant,the last right before you reach the top of the road I see you on.
Be careful not to spoil your cars suspension , you don't want a ride that's too hard!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear the Mrs Ok'd it! I look forward to seeing you in that. You should easily sell the 197 given its low mileage and FRSH, still a year before the cambelt needs doing as well; need to do mine in a couple of months and not looking forward to the cost! :worried:

I've always been tempted to get a brand new car, but have always owned my cars outright and not had to absorb them depreciating so heavily as brand new ones. I may well get a new car when I chop this in though. Ive only had it a year, so depending on whether I get any problems with it and how much the 197's start to go down in price, I will have it for at least another year :smile:

Josh

i test drove a 250 cup last year ~ was very fast and a real step up, but i wouldnt really use the extra power on the daily trip i do & it would be another 5grand...
i only do 5000 miles a year.
the clio is still perfect for what i need it for , so just a case of updating really.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Roy General Chat 3
MikeH General Chat 5