John's GW 200

@nick's the S1 is great as a daily driver & excellent for cross country pace. It's very fast. Overtaking slower traffic is easy. However it's not grabbing me in the way the Clio did. Somehow it's just not as much fun to drive despite being a lot quicker. I'm really missing the naturally aspirated engine & the way the Clio chassis engaged me in the driving process. From what I've read the S1 has one of the more engaging chassis in the Audi range which makes me think S/RS3s must be a bit boring. It shows that power isn't everything.
The S1 was still the right decision for our needs at this time though. Maybe it'll grow on me over time - I've only driven 1200 miles in it so far. Currently I think it's a very good car whilst the Clio was a great car. I'm still hoping to see the Clio appear on here sometime with it's new owner.

Don't tell me you're in any way disappointed John ?

Maybe not quite as 'engaging' possibly (?) But it can't actually be less performance-wise in any department surely ! Not to mention reliable as sin, rattle-free, minty-mint clean etc etc etc. Ok; i'm actually very jealous :grin:

Maybe being semi-forced to 'Grow up' at this point of your life and accepting the needs you have right now is tainting your judgement. I'd kill for the Audi !!! And i'm sure once you two become bonded the Clio - as good as they are - will become a fond but distant memory.

Enjoy pal.

And i'm sure once you two become bonded the Clio - as good as they are - will become a fond but distant memory.

Enjoy pal.
I'm sure you're right Shuv. The S1 beats the Clio hands down in performance, ease of accessing that performance, build quality etc. The bonus of awd for Highland winters isn't lost on me either. After the extrovert look I created for the Clio I'm rather liking the understated stealth look too. I just need to find the love for the car that I had for the Clio.
On a positive note I still find myself looking back at the S1 every time I park it which tells me I do have feelings for it!

Reactions: jamesgw200
@nick's the S1 is great as a daily driver & excellent for cross country pace. It's very fast. Overtaking slower traffic is easy. However it's not grabbing me in the way the Clio did. Somehow it's just not as much fun to drive despite being a lot quicker. I'm really missing the naturally aspirated engine & the way the Clio chassis engaged me in the driving process. From what I've read the S1 has one of the more engaging chassis in the Audi range which makes me think S/RS3s must be a bit boring. It shows that power isn't everything.
The S1 was still the right decision for our needs at this time though. Maybe it'll grow on me over time - I've only driven 1200 miles in it so far. Currently I think it's a very good car whilst the Clio was a great car. I'm still hoping to see the Clio appear on here sometime with it's new owner.

I know exactly what you mean here. I sold my Clio 200 back in 2015 and missed it ever since. I went to a Fiesta ST, Focus ST and a Golf R with 365bhp and none were as good as the Clio. (Fiesta ST was closest in terms of fun). I've now sold my Golf R and bought a 197 F1. You cant beat the feeling of these cars man. I'm sure, when the time comes you'll be back just like me lol.