Joe's LY Clio 200

Reactions: DS197 and suj
Still breaks my heart. Not sure anything is worth anything tbh, maybe the diffuser and carbon tips.

RS Four Ashes (who have done work on my car and I think Dav above) will want massive premiums for parts, but play the heart string by saying it's your old car and get carbon tips haha

Reactions: DS197
FFD582D5-791D-4895-9726-21DAB71BBA7E.jpeg
Nice trip down to Corsham today to pick up these beautiful speedlines for an absolute steal of Facebook. Mrs and I then headed into bath to make the most out of the 1hr45 journey. Also got these in the post to suit the new alloys.F4088D61-BB8F-43C8-BBDA-3BDC4BF5FAC4.jpeg

Would anyone on here be interested in the 4 nankang ns-2r that are on the speedlines now before I try flog them on Facebook. Collection only from Woking in Surrey.

First trip down to Ktec in the Round 2 Clio.

I’m not sure if I’m controversial in saying but I find the stance and the height really unattractive to look at. Just how tucked the wheels are makes me cringe. So, bought some Eibach springs, too poor for coilies, and had spacers from Round 1 Clio in the garage. And now she is sitting absolutely spot on. The H&R springs on Round 1 Clio were so bloody bouncy so I wasn’t buying those again. First impressions of the Eibachs are good, firm ride but better than hitting my head on the roof every time I go over a small bump in the road!

After checking into the hotel in Bournemouth where the Mrs and I were staying the night, it was time to pick the car up, on my travels back from ktec, I noticed a police 5 series estate sat at one of the main roundabouts going through Poole, as I go past it starts tailing me, then overtakes and the dreaded interactive sign comes up with “Follow me”. I’m thinking what I could have possibly done, car is insured tax mot’d, mods done on the day already declared. Pull into a bus stop and greeted by two lovely chaps, no good cop bad cop duo, they were rather pleasant, asking me about the car and the colour which they were obsessed about. Turns out, I, being a donut, hadn’t told my insurance I had put my private reg onto the car, so to the police camera and system, X15 JWH wasn’t insured. I was obviously thinking the worst when they told me I had no insurance but they made me make a change on my admiral app, standby while I completed it, once I got the confirmation email, they set off! Dorset police have 100% upped Surrey police.

Here are some photos anyways, obviously had to get a photo for the Snapchat so everyone thinks I’m so cool getting pulled over!

B6E6027B-E517-4DF0-B875-A31F86681C51.jpeg1221EA1A-E266-4F47-A5EB-6BF565BD59E0.jpeg3EB8B55E-365C-4D69-BF44-82C3F1333F38.jpeg2B0404BA-F528-4953-A5D0-365E4ACC0D6E.jpeg
Photo from the evening before trip to ktec^

Plans for the car left are:
Source and fit an exhaust, a sensible one, no flames this time.
Spoiler
Red callipers
Fix a tiny hole in my Recaro

I’m not sure whether to keep or take off the C L I O badge on the rear. So that could be coming off.

Sorry for waffling

So, after a lot of umming and ahhing, my Clio has unfortunately sold. It was so much fun and I loved every single moment in the car, the paint is the most stunning thing about the car and I will miss looking at it in the sun dearly.

However, the new owners just happen to be my Mum and Dad! The Clio took the heart of my parents every since I bought the car, and when I expressed my options in regards to getting a new one, I was greeted by some angry faces.

So plan is all 3 of us as names drivers, main one being my Mum, so I can still drive it here and there, will sit in our garage on our lift above dads kit car.

In regards for my next car, I’m still not quite finished with Renault sport, so after lots of back and fourths with the current owner I should hopefully be picking up a Fully Forged 182 Turbo. Insurance, all mods declared, has gone up a smidgen to what I’m paying at the moment. If all goes well I’m hopefully picking it up this Sunday. I have seen the car at a car meet before and it sounds and looks incredible! So I’m very excited. I am most probably making a silly decision as I’m going from 200bhp to about 320bhp and I couldn’t even control my first Clio properly!

Massive learning curve incoming I think, Dad thinks I’m mad, Mums worried sick about this thing but I am absolutely buzzing!

Haven’t updated this in a while. Anyways, 2 days before collection of this 182 turbo I was going to buy the head gasket went! Praise the lord. Missed an absolute bullet on that one, I was quite contempt then sticking with the 200 rather than having a 182 turbo, however, I have just picked up a driveway friend for the 200! While shopping around for a 182 turbo I stumbled across a 172 turbo for sale pictured outside of engine dynamics who I had used twice on my white Clio. It was a Scarab green number 95/172 ever made 172 turbo with the low boost conversion kit on. It was the first ever 172 turbo in the country, so I’m told. It had 35000 miles and only done 3k miles since 2009! The advert however disappeared off of eBay and I thought it had sold. After then loosing out on the 182 turbo, I then emailed Andy @ engine dynamics on the off chance that the car was still available. Luckily, it was. Hos dad, Andrew, had owned the car for 18 years and it was dry stored and never taken out on a rainy day it’s whole ownership! So, we agree a price, a time to come look at it and after 3 hours of trains I arrived with the 172 looking at me dead in the face! Paid the man and off I went. My god it’s beautiful, I appreciate the NA of a Clio but wow wow wow how the torque feels is just incredible, beautiful to drive. Sound of the flutters is unreal too! Anyways, that’s the current situation with my renaultsport duo then! Enjoy the photos, check the plate out! 30B9054C-DD7E-4CB5-947F-472304DCBC7D.jpegA6A99493-E5D6-4294-BB4F-2913B68371E0.jpeg1B6E23CD-CB36-428F-A6AE-36A54088506F.jpeg