Joe's LY Clio 200

MOT tomorrow, I have a full decat system so thankfully the tester is fitting my old cat, doing the test, then fitting the decat pipe again. I am absolutely shitting it to be honest, just want her to fly through the test. I’ve been lazy and left it all last minute. The MOT ran out two days ago! Fingers crossed it’s not a fail, and if it is, not an expensive one. Anyone know any common issues that go at 50k miles? I have given the car a once over of fluids and lights and the essentials, all good so far. Will see tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Reactions: Joec1996
No need to fit the main cat, manifold cat should be enough to pass the MOT.

Well, after a small mishap during the first week of December, I’ve been in the hunt for another 200 for about 2 months. Did a post on Facebook and nothing really came about, an AG200 popped up in my DMs for 7.5k but my god it was rough, and I mean rough. My ideal scenario would have been AG or LY with Recaros and decent miles. So quite specific but all the time I had my 2003 Peugeot 106 to run around in I wasn’t bothered how long I had to wait. I was looking most days to see what was for sale and seeing if anything new come up as imo now is the right time to sell as market is good and used cars in general are going up. Then I did a little post on here not thinking of anything and I got one reply from @JMR. An unmolested LY200 with Recaros and full dealer service history, paintwork immaculate, looked after and adored by an absolute legend. So, we agreed on a price and a date, and now the car is on my drive!

The drive back was arguably one of the best drives I have ever been on. It was so nice to be back into a Clio especially one of this quality. Plans for her are basically nothing. I’ve done all the loud stupid shit now and think it’d be good to keep it standard. I also think it’d hold its value more as well.

Pictures to follow.

Good buy that, it looked so clean and more importantly thank god you grew up and no more loud shite noises haha.

Enjoy it mate.
After having my ears blown off every time I drove my old Clio, the standard exhaust system isn’t actually a bad little sound track, nice hearing the engine for once!

Reactions: JMR and suj
Great pics @joehodges154 :thumb:

If ever there was a smooth transaction for buyer and seller, it has to have been this one. :blush:

Top man, first time we spoke about the car on the phone was for about an hour lol
First impressions, sound guy, met in person, just the same.
Cant remember seeing anyone so happy to pay for a car :sunglasses:

Great meeting you and your dad mate. Just like me taking my lad to see cars all over the country. :grinning:
Really pleased you had a nice drive home.

Hope the car looks after you and vice versa, just the same as we've looked after it and its looked after us this past 4.5 years.

Miss the car, and the money you paid me for it, you were only just leaving our house and Ewan was leaning on the gates with me and said dad I've got a car to look at this afternoon and if I want it I can bring it home if you can lend me some money....
Kids....

Safe driving, beading pics when you get some :thumb:

Oh yeah btw, Sonax BSD + Megs Ultimate Quik Detailer mixed 50:50 is what I use on it.

Great pics @joehodges154 :thumb:

If ever there was a smooth transaction for buyer and seller, it has to have been this one. :blush:

Top man, first time we spoke about the car on the phone was for about an hour lol
First impressions, sound guy, met in person, just the same.
Cant remember seeing anyone so happy to pay for a car :sunglasses:

Great meeting you and your dad mate. Just like me taking my lad to see cars all over the country. :grinning:
Really pleased you had a nice drive home.

Hope the car looks after you and vice versa, just the same as we've looked after it and its looked after us this past 4.5 years.

Miss the car, and the money you paid me for it, you were only just leaving our house and Ewan was leaning on the gates with me and said dad I've got a car to look at this afternoon and if I want it I can bring it home if you can lend me some money....
Kids....

Safe driving, beading pics when you get some :thumb:

Oh yeah btw, Sonax BSD + Megs Ultimate Quik Detailer mixed 50:50 is what I use on it.
Thanks James. It really was a great day for me and I appreciate kind words. I was a bit overwhelmed when I first turned up so much so that Dad told me to calm down a little when you were putting the kettle on, it’s absolutely mint. I just wanted to take it back home as soon as I saw it! I hope Ewan finds the 86 he wants and doesn’t take you too far from home. Also thank your Mrs for finding my AirPods on the sofa, felt like I didn’t say thank you well enough! :chair:

Pictures will come slow but surely don’t worry!

Similar Thread Suggestions