197: I'v found the best way to irritate a BMW driver :)

After having the R27 lay for a week while I was down in England for a wedding, I decided last night to take my car out a drive (25 mile round trip of fun roads).

I was just cruising down my local bypass with no intentions of opening my R27 up, but anyways i got to a narrow bridge to leave the town (i go over this bridge around 20 times a week at least so i know it quite well) but after you leave the bridge you have 4 bends then one very tight bend onto a big straight with a speed camera at the end.

So i come off the bridge quite tight pushing the Clio a little bit as the bends are quite fun and i came up behind what i just found out is a BMW 3 Series GT 335 (306bhp animal). Automatically the guy wasn't impressed so tried to leave me standing, so i sank the foot a bit to see how he would play, stayed behind him all 4 bends until the final one (THIS WAS ALL WELL UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT AND NOT DANGEROUS). The final one the BMW driver decided he wanted to push further and almost binned it in the corner by braking on the apex of the bend, it looked like a boat wanting to capsize! Anyways, i had already slowed down as i hate that bend.. But in the end i came out the bend still behind him.

Anyways fast forward a mile, i was still behind the guy but by this time we was behind traffic, the guy was stil irritated and decided to start overtaking on blind bends, double white lines and places he clearly couldn't see. I eventually caught up as there are safe overtaking places (he obviously doesn't know that). And he started to do the same again once i was behind him again, Eventually i ended up turning off to my junction.

Moral of the story? Don't put other be an idiot just because a car a quarter of the value of yours can keep up on bends and two doesn't matter how much you tank on, you won't get any further being an idiot!

Oh and it really pisses BMW drivers off :wink:. I don't usually tell my driving stories but this one made me giggle a little!

Love it.. I tried to race a 335 in a straight line in mine when it was STD ish... got owned! But the BM driver was actually a nice guy... there are a few of them!

I must say, I have a real issue with BMW and also Audi drivers in their company car A5's etc.

It is fun to show them up, as depending on how good a driver you are you can make the Clio stick to the back of most cars (within reason), or if you're in front and someone wants to play, 9 times out of 10 you can leave them behind in the twisties.

Your story makes no sense.

You said you had no intention of opening the clio up but you were going for a spirited drive? And you came behind a BMW so planted your foot a little but kept to the speed limit?

Sounds like you were pushing him tbh also known as racing.

I came from a 135i (same 306BHP engine) and they are great in a straight line but you have to slow down a lot in the twisty stuff !!

although its great to kick the tail out in those slower bends ... i miss that :worried:

not taking away from my new little toy though , i've never driven a car thats more fun on those twisty bits !:tongueout:roud:

I must say, I have a real issue with BMW and also Audi drivers in their company car A5's etc.

It is fun to show them up, as depending on how good a driver you are you can make the Clio stick to the back of most cars (within reason), or if you're in front and someone wants to play, 9 times out of 10 you can leave them behind in the twisties.

I'v never really had an issue with company car drivers as i call them apart from one or two that have tried to undertake me coming off roundabouts etc which is a common thing around my area but yeah the clio is great for twisties and a play if the other driver wants to have a bit of fun also! :smile:

Your story makes no sense.

You said you had no intention of opening the clio up but you were going for a spirited drive? And you came behind a BMW so planted your foot a little but kept to the speed limit?

Sounds like you were pushing him tbh also known as racing.

The story does make sense. I never go out with intentions of 'racing' or having a spirited drive. I never once actually said i was going out for a spirited drive either, i said 'I decided last night to take my car out a drive (25 mile round trip of fun roads).' I live in a part of Scotland that is flooded with roads that are empty B roads that twist and turn and you can have great fun on them at any speed as low as 20mph.

But yeah i planted my foot a little, unless you have a death wish it is impossible to go round the bends breaking the speed limit and and by time we came out the bends onto the straight there was traffic so it never went above 65. I never once 'pushed' him, i came out the bend and came up behind him, i was behind him for a mere second or two and he decided he wanted to take off :smile:

I came from a 135i (same 306BHP engine) and they are great in a straight line but you have to slow down a lot in the twisty stuff !!

although its great to kick the tail out in those slower bends ... i miss that :worried:

not taking away from my new little toy though , i've never driven a car thats more fun on those twisty bits !:tongueout:roud:

My cousin has the 135i and he loved it, but he said the same about having to slow down on the twisty stuff. I was considering one but decided against.

It's ok the Clio likes a kick out too! The bends i'm speaking about the Clio kicked out once a few years back (the only time it has ever kicked out on me) and it just pulled straight back in :smile:

your cousin would'nt happen to be muz would it ??

we had some great meets on the bmw forum !!

i'm just hoping to go on some great ones with you guys on here aswell !:wink:

I wouldn't pick a fight with a new 320d (not on a DC anyway) IIRC around 184hp now and a stack of torque!

My old 330d was fantastic in the bends, i had no issues chucking it into corners like i do the Clio tbh! Was fun getting the arse end moving.

I wouldn't pick a fight with a new 320d (not on a DC anyway) IIRC around 184hp now and a stack of torque!

My old 330d was fantastic in the bends, i had no issues chucking it into corners like i do the Clio tbh! Was fun getting the arse end moving.

I never tend to play with other drivers, i usually just play around on my own as i don't like getting involved with other motors as it's dangerous but this guy seemed fun and irritated :smile: But yeah the new 320 are quite nippy, my mate has one and loves it!

Saw the BMW driver again today overtaking on blind spots again on the same road but this time i was in my work van and he put a few lifes at danger. I'v decided the boy is an idiot all round!

I have a way of winding them up too. I just don't let them out of junctions for the simple fact that they are never indicating. There are a few normal ones but to be honest most of them are pricks because they have the opinion of 'i am a BMW driver and I'm better than you'

lol i'm a normal one :tongueout:roud:

But I also have 2 clio's so is that ok lol

My 172 rally car

epynt2.jpg

my 197 track fun car

d9ffb14b.jpg

And my BM :wink:

m3clean.jpg

I do agree there are some dicks out there , it makes me laugh when you see 320's full of M Power badges lol

I have a BMW...... And am normal, got a MX5 and am not a hair dresser or gay so stereo typing ain't always right lol

Similar Thread Suggestions