It stings...

....well the inevitable has happened....after 6 years I managed to kerb a wheel (drivers front).....scarped on a granite kerb in the work car park....gutted....but its just a car!

20120716_165502.jpg

20120716_165528.jpg

I will get some satin black touch up paint and 'hide it' and live with it (I am plannign on some new wheels soon anyway)....more worried about the tyre damage as there is now a chunk out of the lip and a bit of the tyre wall.....not too deep, but should I be changing this? Rather not as there is a goo 5000 miles in the fronts....

Personally I'd get that tyre changed mate. :worried:

The wheels looks very fixable though, sh!t happens as they say, we've all done it. :smile:

think i read some one on here just went over it with a perm marker and looked ok but carnt think who,Think i would change the tyre.

i'd change the tyre also mate,the last thing you want is a blow out at speed,if you choose to keep the tyre i'd swap the 2 fronts from side to side so you can't see it...

It happens to us all mate.As for the tire that should be ok I would have thought its only a scrap

I'd get that changed! If the plod see it, could be classed as un-roadworthy! Get two new ones up front n keep the other removed good one as a spare :smile:

...right got Mich Pilot 3 all round....currently £196 each in Protyre and the cheapest around here....are there any road tyres recommended as an alternative to try out....

...silly question, but can I mix makes (say Hankook on front and Michs on Rear)

In a perfect world it's not really advisable. But as long as your not running semi slicks up front and road tyres on the back it not gonna kill you. I ran hankooks front and conti rear for a while after I burnt through the original rubber and I'm still here :smile:

...just looking at the tyre and I think I might have pulled it off the rim very slightly....seems to be more of the tyre below the lip showing just ahead of the damage!

i'd change the tyre also mate,the last thing you want is a blow out at speed,if you choose to keep the tyre i'd swap the 2 fronts from side to side so you can't see it...

No!

If you're going to keep it, leave it where you can see it in case it gets any worse!

...just looking at the tyre and I think I might have pulled it off the rim very slightly....seems to be more of the tyre below the lip showing just ahead of the damage!

It might have debris trapped in the rim, peice if the kerb or something, get it looked at at least, could probably be re seated without taking it off the rim.

I got 2 new Goodyear F1 Ass' 2 on Friday look not bad only comparison in the few days I've had em would be less road noise.

Edit : Shame you've got to change the tyres with such life left

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Luk3 Suspension, Brakes & Steering 3
aaron-rs197 Spotted 0