IT / Computer guys...........

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
Our hired in Health and Safety advisor at work has retired.

It appears our whole Company H+S document he had developed and maintained is on file in PDF format and isn't able to be edited. I need to amend this and forward onto some of our customers as some issues have flagged up.

Im told i need to convert it into word format (Which i can then edit) and then transfer back to PDF so that i can then electronically forward it on to the customer who requires it.

Im also told that "SODA" may be a good program to do this.

Neither me, my boss or our office manager are hugely literate in this type of field so could do with some help and advice - until we get another Health and Safety advisor on board.

Cheers.

If you right click on it and scroll to open with, there should be an option to open it microsoft word. Then when you save it, do so in a PDF format

If you right click on it and scroll to open with, there should be an option to open it microsoft word. Then when you save it, do so in a PDF format

Cheers guys.

So open.
Right click, scroll-down and open in Word.
Which then means i can then edit it.
And then save again as PDF.

As simple as that :smile:

?

Never used SODA but as far as I was aware you can save a word doc as a .pdf but to edit an existing pdf or convert bac to a word doc you need the actual paid adobe acrobat software rather than just the free adobe reader that people generally install to open PDF

Never used SODA but as far as I was aware you can save a word doc as a .pdf but to edit an existing pdf or convert bac to a word doc you need the actual paid adobe acrobat software rather than just the free adobe reader that people generally install to open PDF

I was also told this. Hence my talk of using a free version of SODA or buying at approx £40.

I was also told this. Hence my talk of using a free version of SODA or buying at approx £40.

Just installed SODA and had a look, you need to sign up to a 14 day trial when you've downloaded it (only wants name and email address) and then verify it by clicking on the email.

You can then Right click > open with > Soda PDF and use the edit tab at the top to edit the document and then hit save to re-save it as a .pdf however there is a convert tab that will let you save it as a word document (do this for any that need doing before your 14 day trial runs out)

I didn't test converting a document as the only pdf I had was the service manual which is massive

Just installed SODA and had a look, you need to sign up to a 14 day trial when you've downloaded it (only wants name and email address) and then verify it by clicking on the email.

You can then Right click > open with > Soda PDF and use the edit tab at the top to edit the document and then hit save to re-save it as a .pdf however there is a convert tab that will let you save it as a word document (do this for any that need doing before your 14 day trial runs out)

I didn't test converting a document as the only pdf I had was the service manual which is massive

Superb Tom.

Thankyou very much for your help.

Thats awesome !

:smile:

Superb Tom.

Thankyou very much for your help.

Thats awesome !

:smile:

No problem at all, glad I could help.

If you get stuck PM me and you can email them to me and I can convert them and send them back to you since I've now got a 14 day trial that I've no use for haha

No problem at all, glad I could help.

If you get stuck PM me and you can email them to me and I can convert them and send them back to you since I've now got a 14 day trial that I've no use for haha

The document would be 100's and 100's of pages long.

***Well: certainly a few hundred.

I suppose that would email over ok ?

Part of my job is converting technical documents into a searchable online database.

If your company needs anything setting up that is easy to maintain and distribute, give me a shout.

Also, I have full acrobat and can help out with this if you get stuck.

Sometimes formatting can be a nightmare with these things and the conversion wares don't always get it right.

Part of my job is converting technical documents into a searchable online database.

If your company needs anything setting up that is easy to maintain and distribute, give me a shout.

Also, I have full acrobat and can help out with this if you get stuck.

Sometimes formatting can be a nightmare with these things and the conversion wares don't always get it right.

We have the H+S document as a hard copy and electronically as a PDF.

Some of the companies we work for revise their needs each years in terms of our paperwork.

So in this case i need to edit / add some text to reflect a slight change in H+S policies and show that we comply.

In essence not rocket science, especially if you have someone dedicated to this sort of thing. Which as a hands-on Engineering company of smallish size; we most definitely dont !

Exactly mate. That's why it's good to have it online so everyone can see it (GREAT for pulling up stuff on your phone while insitu) and it's always live so updates get rolled out immediately and there are no worries about people working to outdated info.

Once set up it's a win win.

Reactions: sevenfourate