is this broken starter motor?

Cal

Gold Member
Hi guys haven't posted in a while haven't even had chance to drive my car much lately! but anyway i went to start my car the other day (after i dropped my mate home had been driving around before hand for about half an hour) could hear the fuel pump priming etc then get the notification on the screen saying steering not locked kept saying steering not locked, luckily was parked outside a mates on a hill and bump started the car as i thought it could be a dodgy battery anyway after doing a bit of research i found out it could possibly be the starter?

any body had this experience recently and what fixed theres also if it is the starter and i do replace it whats a round about cost for the starter i've seen reconditioned for around £30? is that right and cost of fitting? going to take it to a friends and get it over a pit to see if i can get to it easily!

thanks guys

I don't see the connection between starter and this fault but might be missing something. If you bumped it could also be battery. Has it done it again

I don't see the connection between starter and this fault but might be missing something. If you bumped it could also be battery. Has it done it again
yes mate it now refuses to start at all unless bumped checked battery voltage etc and even tried jump starting but wouldn't start

Firstly you need to check voltage at starter. If battery voltage ok then check starter first. Could be a poor connection but don't no how prone they are to starters

UPDATE: was a f*****d starter indeed bit of a ball ache to swap but changed it over with my mate earlier today and its working great now! one of the cables that's part of the starter had snapped so obviously no power to it very weird with the steering not locked or anything though

Last edited by a moderator: