Is this an oil leak from a bad gasket? Or overfill? (Pics inside)

With 18 of the aluminum screws/bolts removed (including the big ones that connect to the subframe bushing), I thought I was ready to remove the oil pan.

IMG_7081.jpeg

IMG_7080.jpeg

IMG_7079.jpeg

Then I discovered these- question is, are these even removable or are they rounded off? I couldn’t get a grip on them.

IMG_7060.jpeg

IMG_7063.jpeg

IMG_7074.jpeg

IMG_7070.jpeg

I’ve got a nut extractor tool set on the way but I have no idea how it’s going to grip as there’s nothing to grip on to?

I go along with that it should be the same as the rest of the vertical bolts external torx get a good set of sockets not cheap ones or you will damage the bolt heads and it's very easy to use a socket one size too large.
1729430350332.png

Reactions: Kalamat88
You guys are right- they were the same exact screws. Got them out with a 1/4 socket and found an extension that just barely reached it. Here’s the aftermath:

IMG_7104.jpeg

Do yall reckon I can take some cleaner on this while I have the oil pan out? I see there’s this plastic thing that I don’t want to use anything too harsh. This is the first and probably the last time I take this sucker off so I do want to make sure everything is spic ‘n span.

Only one bolt (top right of pic) if you want to remove, use brake cleaner (not water) and tbh it’s a pain to clean and probably not worth it.

FYI there is a sequence to torquing the sump back on if you haven’t seen it already.

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 15.06.44.png

You need to use the correct socket when you refit the sump!!!
Only one bolt (top right of pic) if you want to remove, use brake cleaner (not water) and tbh it’s a pain to clean and probably not worth it.

FYI there is a sequence to torquing the sump back on if you haven’t seen it already.

View attachment 158609

RSRowe- most certainly! Haha I’m going to be extremely careful. I’ve ordered some new bolts for the others that were stripped to hell.

Liam- yes, thank you. I have seen this but now I have it handy in this thread, I appreciate it.

I knew there were particular torque specs but not in a certain order.

Yes, brake cleaner was what I had in mind so now I’ll be sure to give it a good dousing since you recommend it.

Thanks again fellas for the support and guidance