Is there anything else I need to know?

i foamed tyre is deemed un repairable. by tyre places i had it on a 2 week old conti lol i wasnt very happy lol

Ok, so this seems stupid...

We don't get a jack, fair enough.
Renault Assistance doesn't cover flat tyres.
We don't get a spare of any description.
If, and I stress 'if' we use they tyre foam, then the tyre is worthless and needs replacing.

Great! :confused1:

^^ Sounds that way ...

I ordered my FF 200 with a spare wheel and the dealer said it was a "no-cost-option" seemed the sensible thing to do really; the foam is a temporary solution to limp you to the nearest tyre garage; but a spare will run you a bit further so you can get the busted one repaired by your preferred tyre place.

You got a spare and didnt have to pay extra?

yeah sounds that way daz. the car comes with its downfalls definately was the same with the 182 aswell though.

I ordered my FF 200 with a spare wheel and the dealer said it was a "no-cost-option" seemed the sensible thing to do really; the foam is a temporary solution to limp you to the nearest tyre garage; but a spare will run you a bit further so you can get the busted one repaired by your preferred tyre place.

Only the 250 has a spare wheel option. I'd check it's in the car when it eventually arrives.

yeah sounds that way daz. the car comes with its downfalls definately was the same with the 182 aswell though.

Very true mate, but the 182 came with a jack :wink:

Very true mate, but the 182 came with a jack :wink:
Does it come with a 500 page instruction booklet - I've had all the bits for the jack out of my 200 and wondered what all the bits are and how it actually works.

Not that I have any need to Jack the thing up - but the jack looks like it could possibly lift me off the ground - but I reckon it would struggle to shift the car :smiley:

lol yes it did. tbh i have a 50mm quick lift jack i bought it cus the car is so low. and this does the job better than any winder only problem is it weighs too much to put it in the boot lol

the whole 'the tyre can't be re-used after it has had foam sprayed in it' is a myth... it's more because it's quicker and easier to sell you a new tyre - i have this from a number of tyre fitters.

agree it does suck though that you get cans of foam and no option/space for a spare wheel... could be worse though, you could have runflats that don't do the handling any good!

the whole 'the tyre can't be re-used after it has had foam sprayed in it' is a myth... it's more because it's quicker and easier to sell you a new tyre - i have this from a number of tyre fitters.
Faced with it's £120 for a new tyre or £120 to pay for some monkey to spend 2 hours cleaning & repairing your old tyre - most folk would go for option 1 :wink:

The fact that tyre fitters are as crooked as Renault stealers doesn't help us :thumbdown:

There is a constant knocking from the rear end at low speed as the exhaust bounces off the diffuser. Just have to drive faster and turn the stereo up!! :smile:

There is a constant knocking from the rear end at low speed as the exhaust bounces off the diffuser. Just have to drive faster and turn the stereo up!! :smile:

I think that is more likely to be the boot lid. It seems to be secure but it bounces after a good old thrashing! Lol! Has anyone told you about the kangerooing when cold? It's not a big deal really, the car just feels very lumpy when the engine is cold. When it warms up it's sweet again!

For all its quirks, take it for a thrash and it makes up for all of them. It really is a superb car. Feels so much more lively to drive than my old Mk5 Golf GTI.

I've been wondering what that is!

At first I thought it was the rear seatbelts as I hadn't clipped them in. Its pretty annoying that a brand new car rattles like it does. Everything else about the car makes up for it though.