Is there anything else I need to know?

Maz

Platinum Member
about what to expect to be wrong before my 200 arrives?

Black speedlines and anthracite centre caps.. :@ what is that all about?

There is no way I am going to pay an adidtional £100 for black caps when the wheels were only £180 :bash:

Last edited:
well itd be easy enough to paint them if u wanted mate. let us know how u get on. when is ure car due?

I just cant understand why all the others have colour coded centre caps and black dont?

i can understand where ure coming from but i suppose its just one of them things? i personally think it might look quite good.

It's ridiculous they fit anthracite caps to black wheels. I have complained about mine to my dealer and he's sorting them out, oh and a jack too...there wont be one of those in the boot Maz :wink:

Check the spec when it arrives, the factory has been known to miss things off!

Im not bothered about a jack as I wont be using it :tongueout: lol

Just dont want different coloured centre caps !!

Im not bothered about a jack as I wont be using it :tongueout: lol

Just dont want different coloured centre caps !!

Your not bothered about being stranded in the middle of nowhere in the pissing rain because you cant change a tyre (you wont have unless you get one i know.... and recommend lol)

But you are worried about a silly little bit of plastic thats 1inch in diameter that nobody upon nobody ever notices, points out or cares about?

:smiley:

RE the jack...

It's the principle to me, Renault supply two cans of tyre foam for emergencies, and in order to use the foam you're meant to jack the car up...

There in lies the problem, why supply the bleeding foam if there's no jack to enable it's use?? :thumbdown:

I'snt there the chance the car could come off the jack though and thats why they don't provide it?

If you get a flat can't you call the breakdown people? in the 12 years I have been driving I have never used a jack *touch wood* I wont need to use the one I don't get in the 200.

Now the centre caps is a different matter :worried:

Some breakdown services do not cover tyre damage, I'm not sure on the Renault Assistance as I haven't read all the T&C's.

Some will cover it but charge you.

That's the official word from Renault yes, that the chassis is stiff and they worry about the car 'toppling over', but it's the same on the 172, 182 and 197 as far as I know - raising the front/rear of the car also raises the front/rear wheel of the same side.

If you're looking for a cheaper option, you could pick up these ones from ebay...

C240.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/C240-RENAULT-Emblem-Sticker-Wheel-Hub-Cap-4-x-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ310233346286QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

my car didnt come with a jack but i asked them to stick me one in and they did f.o.c.

i also carry 3 cans of the spray stuff just incase.

Thanks Boxster but I think they would be even worse.. LOL 3 cans of spray, better to be safe than sorry !!

RE the jack...

It's the principle to me, Renault supply two cans of tyre foam for emergencies, and in order to use the foam you're meant to jack the car up...

You dont need to jack the car up to use the foam, it says so on the tin.

You dont need to jack the car up to use the foam, it says so on the tin.
Correct - what it doesn't say on the tin is the stuff knacks the tyre and it will get you to the Tyre place where they will have to replace the tyre.

Renualt recovery doesn't cover you for flat tyre, the provide a jack on the full fat 200 but no spare on any 200.

Handy :@.

If you get a flat in your 200 it's going to cost your time/money/both :worried:

I ordered my FF 200 with a spare wheel and the dealer said it was a "no-cost-option" seemed the sensible thing to do really; the foam is a temporary solution to limp you to the nearest tyre garage; but a spare will run you a bit further so you can get the busted one repaired by your preferred tyre place.