Is it worth installing a induction kit?

As the title says, being new to the 197 im wondering if it is worth installing a induction kit? i have had a ITG panel filte in for the past two weeks (from buying the car) and dont get me wrong it does what it says on the tin, but i really miss the induction roar i used to get on my twingo with your everyday K&N 57i.
is it worth it? and what are the pros and cons?

Cheers Guys. :smile:

I personally wouldn't ever fit an induction kit without some sort of heat shielding or box for it. If the noise is your thing, then go for it, but don't expect any performance gains. Intact, cars often feel quite sluggish with them fitted.

I have always loved the induction noise, after putting one on my old twingo. I know what you mean with the car feeling slugglish, as i did get that from time to time with my K&N.

I have looked into the ITG maxogen, obviously pricey..but would spend if it was worth it.
what is the Ktec one ment to be like?

Suppose to have good gains but because it isnt released yet we are just going off Ktecs word lol.

Have a word with Smoggy Mark, he can get the Maxogens with a custom set up which has good results

hmm, i might have to wait until the Ktec one is out, just to compare. :tongueout: haha

on your set up there did you just get your battery relocated to the boot?

I emailed ktec and they said there kit will be out very soon and was told to keep an eye out on there website and Facebook! Hope it's not a load of fibs! I want that kit if it does what everyone says its supposed too!!

hmm, i might have to wait until the Ktec one is out, just to compare. :tongueout: haha

on your set up there did you just get your battery relocated to the boot?

Yeah mate could be worth waiting for K-TEC's to compare,I would like to test one against my setup just to see if they do give you these great gains if they are not to pricey i might.

No mate the battery is in the same place but i use a varley redtop15 which frees loads of room up,think there is a group buy on them soon.

7970790944_5bbbb2bfab_b.jpg
redtop and maxi 003 by chickster2012, on Flickr

yeah, i think i will atleast wait for ktec's to be released to see what its like!

oh really, that might be worth a buy then! :smile:

Can't manage to find it, but someone did a back to back test with standard and then K&N induction -confirmed drop in power seen due to taking in warmer air...

-Andy

As above.

I had a ITG maxogen on my 182. Whilst trying to fix a dodgy bracket...I used it without the enclosure for a few days....really felt sluggish compared to with the full enclosure.

With this in mind I'd never get an open cone and look forward to seeing the ktec kit in action.

A few years back now I had a Simota Aeroform induction kit on my 182ff. The sound from that was immense!! That's why I have ordered a Maxogen as I do miss that noise!!

I wish I had went through ^Mark now though for my Maxogen as I ordered it from K-tec nearly 2 weeks ago and still no sign of it! Apparently there waiting for stock as ITG have moved premises....I'm very impatient when waiting for my new mods to arrive!! :-p

Andy

A few years back now I had a Simota Aeroform induction kit on my 182ff. The sound from that was immense!! That's why I have ordered a Maxogen as I do miss that noise!!

I wish I had went through ^Mark now though for my Maxogen as I ordered it from K-tec nearly 2 weeks ago and still no sign of it! Apparently there waiting for stock as ITG have moved premises....I'm very impatient when waiting for my new mods to arrive!! :-p

Andy

can you not cancel the order mate as mark sells the newer 76mm version and i'm sure ktec still supply the 70mm unit,might be worth talking to mark about it

Andy

I have it worse, I have my new exhaust but don't have the chance to put it on until NEXT weekend! Garrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!

can you not cancel the order mate as mark sells the newer 76mm version and i'm sure ktec still supply the 70mm unit,might be worth talking to mark about it

I'm seriously thinking about it mate! I did speak to Mark about his Maxogen setup before I ordered from K-tec, but I didn't want to change the battery etc. Even though it does sound simple! Not sure what to do :s

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FunnyMan Clio 200 Area 15
chris_blue Spotted 0
MarcB eBay Finds 1
J Clio General Chat 3
Alex88 General Chat 2