197: Is it possible

Jesse James

Platinum Member
Is it possible to change my standard cup key to a 200 flip key? Xxx if so how can I get it done.

awaiting any reply

Yep the standard 200 cup key is a flip style key. I would imagine you can get a new key coded and cut but I heard they are about £180 to get done at renault. Not cheap!

Yep the standard 200 cup key is a flip style key. I would imagine you can get a new key coded and cut but I heard they are about £180 to get done at renault. Not cheap!

thats "usually" the keyless system keycards price....

thats "usually" the keyless system keycards price....

Well... that will be the right price then. There is very little between the 2, three buttons and a key. The only real difference is the way they operate. Pop done to your local renault and they should price one up for you. Got a feeling the keys have to come from france so you might have to wait a week but expect to pay around £150-200.

I have a 197 cup and it was supplied with a flip key? What you have is the spare key.

This is also true, it would have one as standard so at a guess if you have only one key yours must be lost.

Last edited:
I ain't got a flip key!! Just 2 'spare' key types..

Don't wanna flip key, though.. What's the point? More hassle to start the car tbh.

I thought it was only the late 197's that had the flip key, just before the 200's came out, mines an 09 and has one.