Iphone 8, 8+ & 10

Noop.

Did get a banging deal though!

S8+ for £46/month, 40gb data, unlimited everything else, nothing upfront and a samsung VR kit (this) Which will be going right on ebay!

VR kit funds X1 plus games then!

Cracking deal, £10 less a month than what I'm paying and double the data, oh plus I had to pay £100 up front with no gifts. I feel ill..

Reactions: Big Ben and Chris
Same as...EE keep texting me about the Apple Watch and iPad Pro....how many contracts can you take out by yourself..?:tearsofjoy:

A lot, believe me!
I used to be drawn into Apple products years ago, it was dangerous! Now the technology has calmed down a bit it’s thankfully not as much of a novelty as it used to be. Hardly use my iPad, iPhone X is just ridiculously expensive for what it is, so bought a 7 Plus, my iMac is now 4 years old and does the job, I had a MacBook at work which was heavy AF to travel with (especially when work won’t book you hold luggage!), AirPods don’t fit in my ears so have just bought some amazing Sony noise cancelling earphones. Apple Watch was ok but a pain in the arse to charge every night, so have a G Shock that will last forever. Can honestly say I’m very content with what I have in my life (including the Trophy, I f**king love it!) but then I am 37!
Getting back to the point (soz!) I make very considered decisions on what I buy. Apple, in the main, can do one now [emoji14]

Ive been a big apple fanboy and still love there products.

I have had several phones, iPods, iPads, MacBook.

But like I've said before, the cost of that phone is bloody crazy. Cheapest I could get it was £57p/m with EE, with something upfront can't remember how much (and this is only because I get student discount - other it'd be like £65p/m). That was with 20gb data, which is fine for me now, but in 2 years probably wont be enough, considering that also EE have super fast so you will be using more data when watching videos etc as it will buffer in higher quality.

My deal now works out at something like £35 P/M for the S8+ which in near enough every way is the same (I'm paying £46p/m - but i get this free gift worth £300 which ill sell)... Oh and thats with 40gb data.

I have 4 iPhones on contract and 2 iPads in the house. I think they’re excellent. Haven’t tried Samsung and would like to but doubt it’ll happen anytime soon

#applefan

I agree that iphone x price is mad.
It is something like 1200euros in my country. With small memory..
Currently i have 1,5 year old Samsung S7 and i am quite happy with it.

i work for siemens so im lucky and get 20% off contracts. so thats why i decided to go for the X. still not cheap though.
£250 upfront. £50 a month. 64gb phone with 10Gb data. ive had my 6s for 2 years now and the iphone 7/8 just didnt feel like much of an upgrade.

crazy money for something which get upgraded every 2 years or so.
ill stick to my Samsung which has had all these features for a couple years now and not pay through the roof.

did you know the new iPhone screen and processor is Samsung!!! Samsung only company big enough to supply the demand required and is now Samsung biggest earner!!! Crazy.

I was looking for some good Black Friday deals, as my niece's phone is dead, so for a combined birthday and Christmas present (her b'day is 4 days later) I wanted to get her a phone.

I was never gonna get her an iPhone, I just don't see the appeal for the cost.
So was going to be something Android, the S8 was too much (lovely phone though).

My friend bought a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, it's a Chinese phone, but a very pretty and well-equipped thing! I was shocked at it's speed and massive screen. For the money it is brilliant, just the camera lets it down. It has a ceramic coated back too, which is great!

So then I got drawn to the Oneplus 5T, this actually does everything the Xiaomi does, but with a much better camera and a slightly more well-known company, for not much more money.

This is a massive saving, and i'm sure she will enjoy the phone.

For reference I still have my Sony Z5 Premium, i've had it more than 18months now, still a great phone (I had a Sony Z2 before that) but I don't think i'd get another Sony, unless they change their design soon.

I was looking for some good Black Friday deals, as my niece's phone is dead, so for a combined birthday and Christmas present (her b'day is 4 days later) I wanted to get her a phone.

I was never gonna get her an iPhone, I just don't see the appeal for the cost.
So was going to be something Android, the S8 was too much (lovely phone though).

My friend bought a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, it's a Chinese phone, but a very pretty and well-equipped thing! I was shocked at it's speed and massive screen. For the money it is brilliant, just the camera lets it down. It has a ceramic coated back too, which is great!

So then I got drawn to the Oneplus 5T, this actually does everything the Xiaomi does, but with a much better camera and a slightly more well-known company, for not much more money.

This is a massive saving, and i'm sure she will enjoy the phone.

For reference I still have my Sony Z5 Premium, i've had it more than 18months now, still a great phone (I had a Sony Z2 before that) but I don't think i'd get another Sony, unless they change their design soon.

But as a teenager will she not be upset its not an iPhone........i mean if her heart is set on an iPhone and you try to buy her a cheap copy will she not be disappointed???

(of course im sure we would all be grateful but teenagers after all ;-) genuine food for thought and not trying to be nasty in anyway....

Reactions: suj
But as a teenager will she not be upset its not an iPhone........i mean if her heart is set on an iPhone and you try to buy her a cheap copy will she not be disappointed???

(of course im sure we would all be grateful but teenagers after all ;-) genuine food for thought and not trying to be nasty in anyway....

She has an old hand-me-down of a iPhone 4 and it annoys her now, most my family have Android (thanks to seeing the light and making the switch haha) so she will love anything.

I looked at older iPhones like 6s, but for the money, it's old technology, so i'm sure once she uses it she will love it.

Don't worry, I had the same train of thought too mate.

She has an old hand-me-down of a iPhone 4 and it annoys her now, most my family have Android (thanks to seeing the light and making the switch haha) so she will love anything.

I looked at older iPhones like 6s, but for the money, it's old technology, so i'm sure once she uses it she will love it.

Don't worry, I had the same train of thought too mate.

sounds like she would be happy with the Samsung not sure about a Chinese phone .....

Similar Thread Suggestions