Iphone 8, 8+ & 10

So I've been ignoring calls from carephone warehouse for a good month as the upgrade is due (and waiting for the iPhone unveiling!)

I now look at my upgrade options, and just for the iPhone 8 they want a £70 up front cost and £67 per month (unlimited calls / texts / 5GB data)..... SERIOUSLY! I feel it's daylight robbery I've been paying £40 p/m on my current iPhone 6!

I'm thinking with going on a sim only deal, much more data and between £10-15 per month! Can I really justify paying £1000+ on the iPhone X, not at all (especially as its car insurance month!) but that's not to say I don't want it :worried:

I'm looking at ways I could probably afford it, and I'm thinking of selling my iMac as I have no room for it in my flat, and it's not been turned on for over a year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I normally find that after a few weeks tariffs come down considerably after an apple launch. Might be worth hanging on a bit if you can!

Reactions: RossWoods93
I went to McDonalds at lunch, paid by Apple Pay. Leaned out the windows with my phone, girl leaned out her window with her machine. Held my thumb on the home button to pay.

How is this going to work with iPhone X?

Lean out the window while pointing the phone at your face? Trying to get it near to the payment machine.

I went to McDonalds at lunch, paid by Apple Pay. Leaned out the windows with my phone, girl leaned out her window with her machine. Held my thumb on the home button to pay.

How is this going to work with iPhone X?

Lean out the window while pointing the phone at your face? Trying to get it near to the payment machine.

From what I could make out from watching the keynote it's a case of looking at the screen which then authorises the use of Apple Pay for 'X' amount of seconds to which you then tap the machine with your phone as usual. It's no easier/harder than using the home button on the earlier models.

Surprisingly I've never actually used Apple Pay, might give it go sometime soon.

I bought it in late 2012/ early 2013 for uni, it's an awesome bit of kit but barely been used at all!

21.5 inch
4GB RAM
500GB HDD

View attachment 114188View attachment 114189

Same spec/age as what I have and still runs really well. I've done more updates on my brand new Dell laptop at work than I have on the iMac since 2013!

7 Plus is working out really well, I don't need to use the iPad anymore! As for my tariff, it's an O2 sim only deal for £14 a month with unlimited texts/calls and 20gb of data. No brainer for me!

Same spec/age as what I have and still runs really well. I've done more updates on my brand new Dell laptop at work than I have on the iMac since 2013!

7 Plus is working out really well, I don't need to use the iPad anymore! As for my tariff, it's an O2 sim only deal for £14 a month with unlimited texts/calls and 20gb of data. No brainer for me!

It's an awesome bit of kit Micah! The sound quality on them is epic, always had my music playing from it! Used it a lot for iOS development courses but now I simple have no purpose (nor do I have space for it in my flat!) As for my iPad, that's seemingly parked up nowadays as well, I do everything from my iPhone (trying to justify a new iPhone here!!!)

Reactions: Micah
Can’t argue with the sound quality, I have music on literally all the time and it is an incredibly good system. It still blows me away!

Bloody hell cheaper than my deal with the exact same minutes/data/texts! Will be getting onto vodafone about that!!!

The iPhone X was well and truly a go for me until my recent issue of source a replacement exhaust! So my 6S will have to stand the test of time a bit longer (my poor battery is lasting about half a day!)

Seen the repair costs on these aren’t pretty though! £235 for replacement screen, and approx £400+ for internals (speakers etc)

£125 AppleCare for 2 years covet has to be a must I’d say!

I went into a currys today which also has a carphone warehouse inside, just the fact it was next to a shop I was going in.

I held both and played with both the X and the Samsung s8 and its got be said, theres nothing between them, got to be said the samsung screen was stunning...

I had a shot of an X on Friday and I liked it, the extra screen is nice top and bottom.

Is it worth another £300 over my iphone8. No don’t think so.

Been on the phone with Vodafone today... Trying to wangle a deal.

£58/month for an S8+ with 32gb data, unlimited calls and texts.

I got them down to £40/month... Im waiting til black friday as I want an xbox chucked in with that as per EE's offer at the moment. He couldn't do me one at this present time but will see in a few weeks.

Yeh the monthlies are highly grim, I got a decent amount for my iPhone 7 and I’ve got unlimited data for £20pm sim only so after a couple of months it’s decent value (man maths)

Yeh the monthlies are highly grim, I got a decent amount for my iPhone 7 and I’ve got unlimited data for £20pm sim only so after a couple of months it’s decent value (man maths)

Yeah I think if you’ve got a fairly new phone that you can sell on it’s probably worth buying it outright and having a sim only deal.

Just like for me as my phone is older now I’d still have to be finding probably £800...

Similar Thread Suggestions