Iphone 8, 8+ & 10

Over £1000 for a device where one of it's main selling points didn't even work when demoed?

I'll stick with samsungs S line...

Reactions: Sean197
I'm an apple disciple. I'm a year from upgrade so have to stick with iphone7 for now:money:

Reactions: Beany
I'm an Apple fan, not a die hard one, but I like their stuff and have an iMac (c.2013), iPad Air 2 and iPhone 7.
However, as much as I change my phones for the newer version, I see no need to move from my 7 to the X. I like having the bezel, I don't need to animate my emojis and it's £1,150 for a phone that does little else than what I have now.
The 7 Plus has now dropped £50 to £769, and is still an excellent handset, so I may just get one of those.
If I didn't have so much dislike for the Android interface, I'd have a OnePlus 5 in a heartbeat.
Oh, and WHYYYY did they do away with the 128gb option - oh wait, to make money!

If I didn't have so much dislike for the Android interface, I'd have a OnePlus 5 in a heartbeat.

Interesting, because I really detest IOS. Find it so restrictive. Each to their own I guess...

Also really dislike apple as a company. They pull some really shady sh*t. Stuff like underclocking old phones claiming it's to protect the old processors when really it's just to encourage people to buy the new phones...

Interesting, because I really detest IOS. Find it so restrictive. Each to their own I guess...

I think it's about what you get used to and ingrained tastes. I find it very smooth with pleasing icons that flick a switch in my brain. Had I owned an Android handset in the past, I may well have gone the other way. I do like the unrestricted nature of it though, and the fact the handsets are more capable full stop!

Reactions: Barney626
I think it's about what you get used to and ingrained tastes. I find it very smooth with pleasing icons that flick a switch in my brain. Had I owned an Android handset in the past, I may well have gone the other way. I do like the unrestricted nature of it though, and the fact the handsets are more capable full stop!

Suppose the good thing with android is it gives you the option to imitate the apple aesthetic. But if you are going to do that you might as well just get an iphone...

Also have to say, after having an S6 edge for 2 years I'm not sure I could go back to a phone without the edge curve. Although realistically it doesn't have any functional benefit it totally changes the look of the phone.

I had a go on a workmate's OnePlus 5 at lunch and it's the stripped back Android interface, so I've realised it's the Samsung one that I don't like. It was good, great screen, nice size, just the messaging looks a bit dull. I almost got away with texting his mum that he had pooed himself again, but thought that was overstepping things seeing as I'm the senior HR guy...

Reactions: Jimmy
I had a go on a workmate's OnePlus 5 at lunch and it's the stripped back Android interface, so I've realised it's the Samsung one that I don't like. It was good, great screen, nice size, just the messaging looks a bit dull. I almost got away with texting his mum that he had pooed himself again, but thought that was overstepping things seeing as I'm the senior HR guy...

Even on the samsungs you can get custom launchers which let you change literally everything...

Its been the hot topic in work today - girl i work with 'has to have' the latest one etc.

Its a funny thing i used to detest Apple and the 'cult' like following they have I would not buy their products etc - I still detest that - why the feck would people camp out just to buy an phone?!.

I had first hand experience of how @Sean197 put it the 'c***s' I went for a job interview for an apple store years ago - at this point I was just after a job not office based, had no Apple experience to speak of and lord above the people holding the interview were just Robots of the highest order they were hand picked beutiful people with their pink shirts and beige dockers... - it was truly eye opening, even worse were the people applying for the jobs they really have been watching to many american videos, cheering etc and the absolute utter ass licking they displayed was just way, way beyond me and what i was prepared to to do - selling their soul to some BS company.

Needless to say I did not get offered a job!

It all started for me moving to an iphone after so many issues with windows HTC phones where the media player was utter shite would not play mp3's etc.

In short moved across to iphone and never looked back, even changed from windows pc to a mac reason for that being I had serato hardware and they flat refused to support win 64bit - at the time I had a pc I had some issues with I just said f**k it and moved to mac and have been very happy with it from an ease of use point of view, even the wife could use it without complaining about windows every 2 minutes.

The other plus thing about apple maybe in part to the cult (c**t?) following is the hardware keeps its price really well, infact I have owned 2 Imac's 2" over a few years on selling them I actually made money on each one having bought them second hand myself.

Yes I have an iphone 7 plus im happy with it, we have a mac book pro at home we share - am I a fanboy or 1 of the 'c***s' sean mentioned well no to a fan boy, and I hope not a 'c**t'.

I do not feel compelled to tell everyone how amazing apple is etc etc - it works for me - I detest the company and the BS that comes with it, people are so blind when it comes to mac screens made by lg, foxconn parts etc...some people really are stupid enough to think the magic elves make them out of gold and fairy dust in a nice modern clean building where the staff are just so in love with apple...

Its so sad seeing people lose there shit over technology its the new god for everyone retailers must love it - apple can do no wrong.

I will look at whats available when my contract runs out in november - probably iphone yes, but only if it works for me.

Quite funny a hugely tech guy we work with (AHOLE) he is always bashing me and my iphone and mac choice, its hilarious he always has samsung phones and without fail everyone hes owned since I known him has been replaced at least once under warranty, yet still he tells everyone how amazing it is...hes one of those tossers who likes to show off the features...which usually dont work, hes got all remote control security and lights at his house....who really gives a f**k...it never works when you try to show it off...idiot.

Reactions: Sean197 and Micah
To me the new iPhone X looks brilliant, the iPhone 8 on the other hand they pretty much released then made obsolete in about 15 minutes by then releasing the iPhone X. They didn't do as many upgrades with the iPhone 8 because they were using them for the special iPhone X so why release them both at the same time ? Madness

I've seen plenty of people moaning about this and I know £1000 seems a lot but wasn't the iPhone 7 around £800+ when released ? and who pays outright anyway, you aren't any better off. From what I've read there will be the usual contracts around £48 per month with a slightly inflated upfront cost.. which to me is reasonably fair if you like your technology.

I've had my iPhone 6 for 3 years now, the screen being cracked for 12 months of that and it still works as good and as fast as the day I bought it. I have never had any problems with an iPhone even all way back to the iPhone 4. After my £45 per month contract ended on the 6 I always said I'd never pay over £20 (my current contract price) for a phone again however my mum is due an upgrade in December and said if I pay the difference I can have her upgrade so I will probably get the iPhone X :grinning:

Apple as a brand can be slightly over-hyped etc but they certainly make some very very good technology! I know a few people who have had MacBook's for years and years without them even crashing once. The only people you hear complaining about the iPhone are the ones who throw their phone about on a night out and then complain "the screens are too delicate' etc

I have an iPhone 6. Would like a 7/8 or X but I do like the fact the 6 does what I need and if it gets dropped/damaged/put down the toilet by some little person its not the end of the world. The newer phones just would be a little faster and have a few features which are nice to have but I don't need them really.

I've had an iPhone, Windows and Android but I just couldn't get to grips with the mighty iPhone, great design and very slick OS but tiny memory, totally reliant on cloud and other apple products just made it unusable for me...

Ive had several Xperia compacts and its just a good all round phone, add a 128gb SD card, good battery life and it's pretty bomb proof.

To bash apple everyone I know with an iPhone has a broken screen and spends there life tied to a wall charger...

Also my trusty android phone can cast classics like Sonic, Zelda, Mariokart and Goldeneye to my TV, add a bluetooth gamepad and then hey presto my phones a retro games console! :tonguewink:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean197 and Micah
Long time Apple phone user here and no complaints from me in my albeit simplistic useage. In saying that I havnt owned any other manufactures device for 8+ years to compare against - and my phone and all use is covered by my work: so beggars can't be choosers :smile:

The 'argument' about Apple/ IOS having a hold on you seems a mute one too in most cases. If you've ever voted, given your email address away, used a forum etc etc then your electronic footprint and traceability is probably already pretty large. If Apple chooses to exploit that to their advantage then Kudos to them I say; and the notion that you're more under the radar using another platform is likely invalid...

Similar Thread Suggestions