iPhone 7

Im surprised people still buy apple. Its getting a bit stupid now. Oh lets remove the headphone jack then people will buy our £150 wireless headphones ontop of the standard overpriced new release iphone price. I get they are simple and easy to use but from an IT guys point of view are 3 years behind on features and hardware.

Im surprised people still buy apple. Its getting a bit stupid now. Oh lets remove the headphone jack then people will buy our £150 wireless headphones ontop of the standard overpriced new release iphone price. I get they are simple and easy to use but from an IT guys point of view are 3 years behind on features and hardware.

232 million iphone buyers last year. 193 million in 2014 and 154 million in 2013. Over half a billion units sold in 3 years !!!

Either a great product or a clever mass-fleecing going on here........

I always used to get the new iPhone when it came out, this time around I just couldn't justify it.. having the 'latest' phone doesn't interest me as much anymore.

I was paying £49.50 a month for my contract and it was just frustrating me, I've kept my iPhone 6 and got a sim only.. I get 10gb Data, unlimited texts and calls and it costs me £12.50 a month (That's with a 25% discount my girlfriend gets for me with sim only plans) The money I save pays nearly all of my monthly car insurance direct debit.

Maybe they might do something special with the next generation, but to me the 7 is nothing special I have a camera if I want to take good photos and to be honest I think the 6 does a perfectly good enough job. The no headphone jack is just a money making racket too, the port took up no extra room they just removed it to sell you their new headphones at £150 as someone mentioned above.

Updating to IOS 10 does change your older phone quite a bit, add a new case and it's like having a new phone anyway :grinning:

Reactions: Micah
I always used to get the new iPhone when it came out, this time around I just couldn't justify it.. having the 'latest' phone doesn't interest me as much anymore.

I was paying £49.50 a month for my contract and it was just frustrating me, I've kept my iPhone 6 and got a sim only.. I get 10gb Data, unlimited texts and calls and it costs me £12.50 a month (That's with a 25% discount my girlfriend gets for me with sim only plans) The money I save pays nearly all of my monthly car insurance direct debit.

Maybe they might do something special with the next generation, but to me the 7 is nothing special I have a camera if I want to take good photos and to be honest I think the 6 does a perfectly good enough job. The no headphone jack is just a money making racket too, the port took up no extra room they just removed it to sell you their new headphones at £150 as someone mentioned above.

Updating to IOS 10 does change your older phone quite a bit, add a new case and it's like having a new phone anyway :grinning:

That is exactly my thoughts and situation too. Couldn't have put it better!!!

That is exactly my thoughts and situation too. Couldn't have put it better!!!

+1
As much as I want to even buy the 6S+ sim free (7 just doesn't scream 'choose me' and would be £120 more), the 6 is still a very good phone and has lasted incredibly well in the almost 2 years I've had it. I have 50% off line rental with O2 and lose this if I upgrade, so I will have to buy my phones outright, hence why I am using my head over my heart this time round.
Also, £700 equates to a Scorpion and a trip to Engine Dynamics...

+1
As much as I want to even buy the 6S+ sim free (7 just doesn't scream 'choose me' and would be £120 more), the 6 is still a very good phone and has lasted incredibly well in the almost 2 years I've had it. I have 50% off line rental with O2 and lose this if I upgrade, so I will have to buy my phones outright, hence why I am using my head over my heart this time round.
Also, £700 equates to a Scorpion and a trip to Engine Dynamics...
Cake and eat it...
I've just picked up my iPhone 7 and booked a trip to engine dynamics for the 27th to have a Scorpion fitted with re-map!
Happy days

Cake and eat it...
I've just picked up my iPhone 7 and booked a trip to engine dynamics for the 27th to have a Scorpion fitted with re-map!
Happy days

Enjoy both.

Think the remap and zorst will give more back in the long-run :smile: If you having both done at the same time - ts gonna be an epic journey home.....

Reactions: Big Ben
232 million iphone buyers last year. 193 million in 2014 and 154 million in 2013. Over half a billion units sold in 3 years !!!

Either a great product or a clever mass-fleecing going on here........

Oh I know people buy them, thats what amazes me. Android still has a larger market share in every European region (including UK). That may suprise you.

Maybe now I've got a "shiny" new phone I'll finally be able to work out how to upload some photos!

Doubt it though....:triumph:

Reactions: Dystant
I got caught in the moment :frowning:
Actually, I was reading reviews from 6.30 this morning (thanks to my cats being a pain) and after a significant amount of reading I was all set for picking up a 6S+ from John Lewis.
When I got there I tried the whole range out, and this is when things started to go awry...
Firstly, the gf asked why I would pay so much for last year's tech when the 7 was the same price. Secondly, the Plus didn't fit in my pocket, and thirdly - this was the curveball... since iOS10 I've noticed that there's a lot more use with the home button. I don't actually know if that's correct, but it seemed like I was pressing it a lot more. Even before this morning I was wondering if Apple had some kind of ploy to knacker the home button and make everyone buy the 7. Conspiracy theory at it's best (or worst!). As soon as I tried the home button on the 7, I was really impressed with what they've done with it, then the sales lady told me they had some in stock still. The queue at the Apple store was of biblical proportions, so after about 10 minutes of walking round the menswear department I thought I'd take the plunge and give it a go. I did pop into the Apple store to discuss the watch, but it's not for me, so I've completely contradicted myself with my initial thoughts on here, and here I am! It's a lovely little phone and I needed to upgrade my storage anyway, so it fits the bill perfectly :grin:

Reactions: Big Ben and Dystant

Similar Thread Suggestions