IPhone 4 v Samsung Galaxy S2

My Xperia connects to my 197 bluetooth, but I'm not sure about the 200.

200/197 bluetooth is the same as far as I know.

I'm looking at upgrade options myself also. iPhone 5 is due to be released this year.
I've always had Nokia's but they're simply getting left behind now in the App/OS stakes by both iOS and Android.

Unless you're already using apple, I'd probably go with the galaxy at the moment. But then I'm pretty sure the ip5 will be better again. There are some people that won't touch apple products (which is retarded), and some people that insist on having that little logo plastered everywhere (also retarded).

The apps and accessories you buy now sort of tie you into an operating system for the foreseeable, so make sure you're happy with your choice!

There are good reasons to avoid apple products, used to have an iphone which was great as a phone and in it's operation but being forced to use itunes just ruins it.

No, app store and iTunes can be accessed direct from the phone. Charged yes (via micro USB). But my iPhone is charged via the stereo, has full music control through the stereo (ie selection of music via the headunit) and can use the music function, sat nav and speed camera detection at the same time (all alerts/directions come through whilst the music is playing.).

Android is catching up in those terms, and in terms of the app store. But they aren't there yet, there's simply no argument!

I can do all of those things with my Alpine stereo and Android phone using USB input, including using speed camera detection apps (although I actually use a Road Angel Vantage).

Both O/S have their pros and cons and it's down to personal preference. I actually work for Orange (Everything Everywhere) as Principal Network Engineer in the Test and Research networks and all of my engineers swear by Android 2.3 on either HTC Sensation or Samsung Galaxy S2.

I can do all of those things with my Alpine stereo and Android phone using USB input, including using speed camera detection apps (although I actually use a Road Angel Vantage).

Both O/S have their pros and cons and it's down to personal preference. I actually work for Orange (Everything Everywhere) as Principal Network Engineer in the Test and Research networks and all of my engineers swear by Android 2.3 on either HTC Sensation or Samsung Galaxy S2.

Fair enough, didn't realise that all the android phones offered the same functionality through a common input (USB).

If people don't want to use iTunes, there are alternatives. I've no idea why they would use that as a reason not to have a phone?

There are good reasons for going for either option, is just seems retarded that some people dislike a brand regardless of the quality of the product. iPhone/ipod is the 1st (and only) apple product I've had, and in 3 years the phones have crashed once. No other tech I've owned has ever been that reliable!

Strange that people get so worked up over phones lol. If a better phone comes out with a better os/ functionality/ build quality I'll go for it. But that is yet to happen imo.

You are right in saying that it doesn't make sense to dislike a brand regardless of the quality of the product.

However, I would say that some people take a dislike to the Apple brand for reasons that have nothing to do with the product.

The intellectual property lawsuits that they've recently taken out against Samsung and Motorola are not exactly winning people over.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/10/apple-suing-motorola-over-design-of-xoom-tablet/

Fair enough, I don't really know anything about that side of things tbh. But from the link you posted
Motorola fired the first shot against Apple last October, claiming infringement of a series of 18 Motorola patents by a broad array of Apple's Mac and iOS products.

I don't like apple products because they are always over rated, purely based on the way they look and the price they sell them for. People make excuses for the lack of functionality due to the way it appears. Or that's the way I have always seen it anyway. I bought an ipod mini and it was crap. I then bought a cheap second hand ipod nano (the square one), but itunes p's me off.

Maybe it's just me. Lol!

I was never an apple fan until I (reluctantly) bought my 1st iPhone. Thought they were overpriced etc etc. But I've ne'er had any other brand of phone that felt so well made, and has been so reliable. The galaxy genuinely does feel like a lesser, flimsy product in comparison. Obviously that has nothing to do with the functionality etc.

yup totally agree brown bear fella all the other fones dream of being an i phone they try there hardest to copy apps and the operating system etc but tbh useability and the general day to day interface on an Iphone far supercedes any other phone on the narket today. Bring on the Iphone 5 faster, more memory,even better made and even better looking

Ive got an Android phone. Decided to save money and buy a piece of crap to tide me over by selling off the iPhone 4 the wife and i had. Worst decision we ever made. The phones are crap, Android is buggy as hell, and really looking forward to iPhone 5 release in late Sep / early Oct so i can bin it.

iwarp-cjr.jpg

Apple has unveiled a revolutionary new product that promises to change the way we travel forever. Dubbed iWarp, Apple's latest creation is a matter-antimatter reactor only one inch thick that can transport a crew of seven humans to Alpha Centauri and back on a single charge.

AND WATCH AS THE APPLE FANBOYS GO CRAZY!!

Fair enough, I don't really know anything about that side of things tbh. But from the link you posted
Motorola fired the first shot against Apple last October, claiming infringement of a series of 18 Motorola patents by a broad array of Apple's Mac and iOS products.

I think the problem is that the public see Apple trying to fight pretty much all of their competitors either in a court room or through the media (the long standing abuse towards Adobe and Flash has not worked out for them).

Perhaps this is why people form the opinions they have about them.

Similar Thread Suggestions