IPhone 4 v Samsung Galaxy S2

....I have an Iphone 3G and I am about to come to the end of my contract on it. TBH I haven't got on with the Iphone....it is constantly slowing down and the Apple Brand and agressive marketing tactics gets on my nerves.....so I have been looking at the Galaxy S2 and on the face of it, it wins hands down on affordability and contract deals. I don't use 3G very oftern so a 500MB limit will do just fine for me. Looking at the spec, the S2 is equal or better (because of the Android OS and twin core processors) than the IP4. So I have made my choice really, but before I sign on the dotted line I wondered if any of you guys have any advice/opinions on the two

cheers!

Iphone 4 is nice have one myself how ever galaxy has a nicer feel and better quality too it downside its anroid but appart from that camara etc its fab !

...I've always heard good things about Android OS.....had nothiong but trouble with the IP3G operating system....

Android isn't perfect but it's better than being locked into the Apple web.

Means you don't have to use itunes (hate that crap).

Android is ok. I have had my xperia for ages now and the os is quite good. Pity the hardware lets it down, although this new software update from Sony has transformed the phone! Lol! A mate has the Galaxy S and likes it, so would imagine it is good. They are brand new too, the ip4 is getting on a bit now.

Your always gonna get a lot of Apple fanboys to be honest, I used my phone A LOT, and all its features for work, everything from web tethering to barcode scanning, emails and social networking.

I have an iPod my GF an iPhone 3Gs, but with work I couldn't live without my HTC Desire, that runs Android OS and I have to say its never let me down. Theres no lag STILL and I haven't properly broken one. (which is saying something, I got through 9 phones on my last contract!)

I know its not samsung but Android is a real competitor for iOS Apple products. Price and Performance for me are superior, the image (brand image) and finishing touches just aren't though to be honest.

I have the galaxy s2 and to be honest I think its miles better than the iphone, for a start the screen is bigger and the andriod interface is spot on, plus as others mention you are not tired to itunes or the app store. Having flash is also a bonus.

Both phone are great both have pros and cons and at work (I work for 3) we sell both in equal amounts now. I'd go for 1gb of at a at least 500 mb ain't gona be enough foe either and trust me i see people everyday going over data or reaching there limit.

The iPhone 4 is starting to date now so until there next realease the S2 remains the best apart from the build quality is w**k tbh the HTC sensation is so much better on that side and is the complete same spec.
The iPhone 4 beats both hands down on build quality but as said the dual core and few other bits pull the sanding out as best current handset on the Market :smile: although it ain't enough to get me to sell my iPhone 4 :tongueout: I'll always be a apple whore :wink:

I prefer the iPhone for a few reasons. App store is brilliant, far superior to android in that respect. I've never had an issue with iTunes, simple and easy to use.

Biggest reason is the connectivity. I have an Alpine stereo in my car that's full functional with the ip4. It'll also work with the ip5, and future gens of phone. If I buy a galaxy, it won't have the same functionality, and all types of android phone have different connectors (unless I'm mistaken?).

I'd say the actual phone itself, the galaxy is better, and android is getting better all the time. The flash issue isn't really and issue, and will be even less of an issue in future.

im holding out for the new iphone, loved my 3g, never had an apple product before,used to hate them because ipods just failed all the time. But i never had a bad thing to say about iphone. For me its the definition of a smart phone. Not sure how you could out do it. Built in projector would be a nice start though =D

ive never owned anything apple and i would like to try them in the future but i just find there are phones out there that can do the same thing for less money.. like the galaxy s / 2.

i phone 5 due soon though!?

There is but like most say a s2, sensation even a LG optimise 3D all good but just not a iPhone :wink: apple are always more expensive but also retain there value alot more I'n 18 months time you'll be able to get £40 for a s2 but still 200 for a iPhone 4 plus everything now is made woth apple on mind I.e docking stations Bluetooths etc :smile:

Next iPhone due release I'n september but possible delay so poss Xmas

Good thing about an iPhone is that if you are at a party somewhere and you are running low on battery there will always be an ipod cable somewhere close!

I prefer the iPhone for a few reasons. App store is brilliant, far superior to android in that respect. I've never had an issue with iTunes, simple and easy to use.

Biggest reason is the connectivity. I have an Alpine stereo in my car that's full functional with the ip4. It'll also work with the ip5, and future gens of phone. If I buy a galaxy, it won't have the same functionality, and all types of android phone have different connectors (unless I'm mistaken?).

I'd say the actual phone itself, the galaxy is better, and android is getting better all the time. The flash issue isn't really and issue, and will be even less of an issue in future.

The Android market is mobile and unless I am mistaken you need to use a computer to connect to iStore and iTunes etc. There are getting to be a few too many apps on Android now though, some of them are just pants too. But then the genuinely good ones are really good.

I think all Androids use Micro USB, so you can even charge them through camera cables, anything that uses Micro USB.

I have just had (Saturday) an update to install flash on my old x10i, but haven't had to use it yet.

The Android market is mobile and unless I am mistaken you need to use a computer to connect to iStore and iTunes etc. There are getting to be a few too many apps on Android now though, some of them are just pants too. But then the genuinely good ones are really good.

I think all Androids use Micro USB, so you can even charge them through camera cables, anything that uses Micro USB.

I have just had (Saturday) an update to install flash on my old x10i, but haven't had to use it yet.

No, app store and iTunes can be accessed direct from the phone. Charged yes (via micro USB). But my iPhone is charged via the stereo, has full music control through the stereo (ie selection of music via the headunit) and can use the music function, sat nav and speed camera detection at the same time (all alerts/directions come through whilst the music is playing.).

Android is catching up in those terms, and in terms of the app store. But they aren't there yet, there's simply no argument!

The expense and the fact it is apple put me totally off. Didn't even look any further than the price tbh.

No, app store and iTunes can be accessed direct from the phone. Charged yes (via micro USB). But my iPhone is charged via the stereo, has full music control through the stereo (ie selection of music via the headunit) and can use the music function, sat nav and speed camera detection at the same time (all alerts/directions come through whilst the music is playing.).

Android is catching up in those terms, and in terms of the app store. But they aren't there yet, there's simply no argument!

my HTC desire does all that

Its not use designing a phone to be ask good as the iphone 4, you need to be superior to the iphone, its the benchmark, they're constantly improving there phones with every model every 12 months so its no use just trying to keep up. Need to beat it. There top of the game for almost everything they make, so when the iphone 4S comes out it will leave everyting in the dust. Its the market leader, only reason to buy something else is if you cant afford the iphone. Just my opinion.

...an important consideration I will have is connectivity to my Clio Bluetooth....will S2 connect....will HTC Sensation connect?...I suppose there will be a Renault upgrade available?

Similar Thread Suggestions