Iphone 4 Holder - r27

What is the best Iphone holder for the clio ? and where do you stick it for taking action shots...i've got a jaunt booked in july for a weekend of hooning in northern france.. reims and 2 race circuts.....!!!:jase2:

Alternativley i could stick a peice of velcro on the dashbaord as a improvised device...:001_unsure:

i use http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007FT9L68/?tag=clio197-21

i've tried a few and they all judder on bumpy roads.

With the one above i place it behind the rear view mirror and the phone your side of it, then put an elastic band over the phone around the rear view mirror which holds it nice and still.

I'll try do a video for you in a bit.

thanks.. looks cheap does it work ok without juddering around.. ? if you can send a pic with it situated that would be great..

Yes but you need to secure with a couple of elastic bands to stop it juddering.

I'll go out in a bit and do some filming and take some pics with it in place so you can make your own mind up. I live in full on country roads with a very, very bumpy stretch locally so you won't find a worse road or track without lots of pot holes.

ok here is my set up look at the video on THIS THREAD the straight 5:30 in is very, very bumpy! so you get a good idea how well it works.

3ubmf.jpg
2vmddee.jpg
2liwrjn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
you have a LY RS and you have harrys lap timer!!! great just the setup that I have.. the video footage looks really good for a improvised solution.. my fear was that the lens would get blocked but it looks really good..!! thanks for posting the pics..

I actually have 2 LY cars!

I've tried so called stronger suction cups but they all wobbled so I went for this hoping the elastic bands would work and it did!

The suction cup is massively strong requiring a knife or credit card to get it off with!

Doesn't look good but works well I've found, if you go 5:30 into the film it's a massively bumpy stretch that you would be hard to find another stretch like it.

will the suction cup fix to the top of the dash ? i thought that might of been a better angle shot.. How are you getting on with the harrys lap time s/w.. ? im off to france in july and only 1 of the tracks is in the DB

Bedford sw has been uploaded to the database.

It is very easy once you know how to plot tracks and you can submit them to Harry or just email your self the file and then open it on the iPhone and it is added to the tracks without submitting it.

It will NOT sucker to the dash and I doubt any will as it I have soft touch dash that is not a smooth surface. It does come with a second sticky backing plate but it would mean that plate being permanently attached.

teh way that you have the iphone posistioned ie with the camera to the bottom right doesnt the video come out upside down when you play it back on the laptop ? if so how do you correct that ?

download "windows live movie maker" if you don't have it, it is free and you can rotate, mess with the audio audio and overlay audio as well as edit the video in other ways.

Did you see my update with the OBD data?

Ok i downloaded the live movie maker and opened up one of my iphone 4 vids.. yes yuo can rotate it and then save it.. However the quality is reduced dramtically even if you save it as high quality.. If i re-open my original mov file via VLC media player the difference is night and day.. not sure what windows is doing to the file maybe it doesnt like apple mov files.

My quality stays the same? I'm about to do the school run and I'll have a play tonight and let you know but I know my last video was 1.3gb after overlay and 1.3gb after rotation.

My first video I posted which was about 8 mins long was rotated. How does that differ in quality?

I think movie maker does some form of compression or something as when you come to save it comes back with a percentage bar to 100% before saving

It will say 100% as progress to completing the rotation.

What is the size of the original file and the size of the competed one?

the original file is 83mb and the wmv file generated by the live player is 187mb yet the quality is less.. weird..

Similar Thread Suggestions