iPad

Picked myself one up last week while I was in Vegas and I was just wondering who else has one, and what they think?

I've been using it for Facebook and for browsing the forum (it makes life so much easier than the laptop or mobile phone!)

Does anyone have any tips or tricks or just good apps they want to recommend. I don't have an iPhone and only use my iPod for music so I'm not sure what's good on the AppStore?

I just got my self one as well, like your self only have an ipod so my first proper Apple purchase.

Almost sent it back and got a Samsung Galaxy Tab, mainly because you have to do everything Apples way and I find that quite restrictive in terms of what I want to do.

But my plan is to Jailbreak it once a way has been found for ios5 and that will allow me to do the things I want to do :smile:

As for apps, not sure tbh. I got stuff like BBC news, iplayer, Kindle and a few games.

I take it you know about gestures? (pinch to close an app, swipe up to access multitasking bar and swipe left or right to move between apps)

With iOS5 if you turn on wireless sync you can sync itunes with your ipad over wifi without connecting with the usb cable.

Also get your self a good case if you have not already got one, I have a Yoobao Leather Executive iPad 2 Folio Case and it’s a very nice case.

Just playing on mine now, Ive ordered a case from eBay but it's not turned up yet. Yeah I'm fairly familiar with the gestures, I've had my iPod since they were released and the gf has iPhone. Just wondered if anyone had any good apps. Im hooked on bloons TD right now though lol.

Personally I like the android OS but I think it's a little 'unfinished'. I got the iPad as I thought it might age a little better.

I also HATE iTunes for the pc and dread having to sync anything as it always results in it crashing and me getting mad. For the iPad/iPod/iPhone thought its pretty neat as I listen to a LOT of music.