Intermittent flashing alternator light

Kalamat88

Platinum Member
Hi all,

I feel like I’ve been spamming the board these last several months but there’s always an ever evolving amount of projects with my Clio.

To keep it short, usually within the first 10 minutes of driving the orange alternator light starts flashing for like 15 seconds then disappears. No other symptoms. It doesn’t struggle at start up or anything peculiar- no STOP + Battery light either.

Is my alternator going out? I’ll check some of the voltage once I get some time. What are some healthy volt readings I should have to see if my alternator is on the way out or not?

As always, thanks fellas.

Maybe it’s my American English- I’m not sure what you guys call it but it looks like this haha:

IMG_6699.png

OoOoOh- man, I was thinking it was an alternator all these years (I won’t live this down). If it was, then the battery light would illuminate then, I suppose.

This very well may have to do with the acoustic valve removal.

Thanks again, Rowe.

True. Rowe, I had a glimmer of hope after the first few short drives I took as it didn’t throw any faults but it finally did the other day.

Ethan, you beat me to it. I was going to post some pictures on here to show what to connect if you don’t want any faults or dashboard lights and what the engine bay would look like; what parts removed, etc…

But thank you for the picture as I wound up plugging mine back in but couldn’t remember where it screwed into. I’ll post some pics later this week as there isn’t much on here picture-wise of what this process entails. Good stuff though and thank you both!

Reactions: EthanMenace
More noise when accelerating in first or second gear. I’ve gotten used to it now but the first couple of dozen times it just sounds louder from any lightish-moderate acceleration in low RPMs. You don’t have to wait until 3500 or so for that rush of engine noise to hit you.

It’s noticeable and fun.

Besides that, it cleans up the engine bay a tad.

No. Either way it doesn’t get you gains in power or lose anything.

Anyone else with more expertise please feel free to correct me.

Maybe it is there just to kill the noise unlike toyota and others who are using similar systems to tune the intake resonance for getting more air in.