Interesting Clio NCAP Crash Test Videos

Well I am happy to say that I have never been in a Saxo, and never will after seeing that! How is the insurance on them not sky high!? They are lethal!

Compared to the same year Clio it is scary! I feel pretty happy with the Mk III too it looks good for a small car!

Clios do really well there don't they. Just shows why Renault got the first ever 5 star rating with the Laguna. The roof crumples, absorbing the impacts, but remains fairly in shape. The Clio mk2 got 4 stars (max at time) and our Clio is 5 stars. Great. Fast and safe! :smile:

Old clio looks to fair about the same as the new one, I bet the extra star is just some crap to do with pedestrians though.

Also what did they make saxos out of? papier mache?

mannnn that saxo is reallly bad....

the old clio holds up relay well all things considering... cos lets face it there isnt much crumple zone infront of the engine etc

Old clio looks to fair about the same as the new one, I bet the extra star is just some crap to do with pedestrians though

I disagree, looks like there's less intrusion into the cabin on the Clio III than the earlier car :confused1:

That's the same as my mk1 Clio! Jesus, glad I only had it 8 months! Mine didn't have a 'bag either! Lol!

It appears the Mk 3 clio passenger airbag is so big and powerful it's blows an hole in the windscreen! :blush:hmy:

I'm happy with the Clio one.

This is why I put a rollcage in my last track car;

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlDS8SMWTf8[/YOUTUBE]

Clios do really well there don't they. Just shows why Renault got the first ever 5 star rating with the Laguna. The roof crumples, absorbing the impacts, but remains fairly in shape. The Clio mk2 got 4 stars (max at time) and our Clio is 5 stars. Great. Fast and safe! :smile:

Actually the RS 197 is only a 4 Star although the Mk3 Non RS is a 5 star :tongueout: