Intake temp?

hi mate i have just ordered a replacement standard set up as car was runnning a KN appollo open cone.

Been like this about 6 months so i know how the car reacts. everyone says cones are garbage. will let you know what its like when standard.

had a couple private races against mates 172 cup and it was equal and against mates cooper s + passenger , clio slightly faster.

My car drives fine, but then, not really got anything to compare it to. It just worried me that the temp was too high, and if it was likely to be doing any damage.

As IAT increases the ECU automatically pulls off ign timing to prevent any damage via detonation. TBH you'd not suffer much if it didnt, not on these engines at least.

As IAT increases the ECU automatically pulls off ign timing to prevent any damage via detonation. TBH you'd not suffer much if it didnt, not on these engines at least.

Strong internals? I like to hear a little detonation wont harm them lol, more nos for me :tongueout:

I meant more that youd be hard pushed to see elevated intake temps causing det on NA engines, especially at part throttle.

Im sure you'll be fine so long as its set-up well!

Lol three bottles down and no problems yet :tongueout:

The Nitrogen content actually dampens dentonation making it less likely to ever happen upto +50bhp on a 2 litre engine. :wink:

I don't want to read the whole thread so I'll just ask it here:

So, what is the "normal" intake temperature of a stock 197?

lmfao. i like the motto. how much is a refill?

£70 and that'll give you 4 minutes of spray. But in reality you only use it for 15 - 20 seconds at a time and i only turn it on if i genuinely think the car getting up my arse will muller me otherwise ( Meganes, Astra VXRs, S3s etc. )