Insurance Question?

My partner was recently involved in an RTA in her own car. She is on my policy also. Should I inform my Insurance that she has had an accident and made a claim now, or do I just wait to renweal time? I pay my premium in one go and my partner harly ever drives my car!

Very paranoid about giving Insurance compainies an excuse to not pay out in the event of a claim!

Is she just a named driver? If so can't see it making much difference and providing it wasn't her having the theoretical accident in your car it's not really an excuse they can use....

My partner was recently involved in an RTA in her own car. She is on my policy also. Should I inform my Insurance that she has had an accident and made a claim now, or do I just wait to renweal time? I pay my premium in one go and my partner harly ever drives my car!

Very paranoid about giving Insurance compainies an excuse to not pay out in the event of a claim!

Morning

You will need to advise them as it is part of her driving history, so her details will need to be updated. It should not make any difference midterm. If there is an increase it would be at renewal time. You are best off calling your insurers now so they can note their records and take it into account for the renewal, and put your mind at rest. Also then you can ask them if it is likely that it will effect your renewal or not! Hope that helps! :thumbup:

Dan.

^^Dan, Thanks for the advise (and everyone elses). I'll call them later. Her insurer have advised her that she is not liable for the accident. Should I tell them this? Cheers