Insurance moan

£600 last term in outer London with Quote me happy.This term with a few mods(Akra,itg filter, retune and 3 points)£1200 best price and I'm 44.
Waiting on Greenlight and Adrian Flux to get back to me.Seriously considering not mentioning the mods.

£1200 is a rip off! Although at my age it's a quote that i'd be over the moon with! I'm not advocating not declaring mods but can understand why people do it (unless it happens to be something stupid like a bodykit and expensive ICE system on a 1.2)

I literally just got a quote today from Adrian Flux, 23 years old 2 years no claims they quoted me £755 for the year (paying monthly)

Declared mods on 197, lowered ,spacers. ,miltec ITG and RS remapp. Esure , 47, 3 points .£480. Glad I did, recent accident, my fault. Guy was crawling all over the car.. Said he doesn't see many that declare them and the insurance can and will refuse to pay out.in my case 3k. Tho they've now increased my premium to almost double! For piece of mind declare everything .....

If you're not declaring the mods, you might as well not bother insuring it at all :thumb1:.

the pressure is on to increase premiums from all insurance companies....they keep claiming they are having it hard and don't make money :roy:

Done the right thing and declared the mods,got it down to £880:00 with Adrian Flux.Greenlight didn't get back to me.

Best way is to declare the mods, as you've done in the end. Glad you got the price down, seems a decent compromise. That's strange Greenlight didn't get back to you - did you contact them through the forum, they are a trader on here?

It really isn't worth trying to defraud insurers by not declaring mods - these days the chances are that companies will come down hard on people if they aren't transparent with them. As jont says, why bother insuring a car if you don't tell them you have mods on....

Glad you got it down bud! That's way to steep! Even if you have 3 points! I had it cheaper when I had 3 points and was mid 20s with my clio 172!

Funny enough the 3 points didn't do much damage cash wise it was just the mods.Never got to work in Tip Tops but plenty of my mates did and
they said it was doughnut heaven the fat gits.

Similar Thread Suggestions