Insurance help...

Ok soo in nov 09 I ran into the back of a mercedes very low speed so I didn't claim against my insurers however 3rd party did I am now getting my new insurance ready for the Clio and the insurance companys ask if I have had an accident in the last 5 years so yea I have but they want the claim amount aswell, as I didn't claim there isn't a figure but do I need to find out how much the 3rd party claimed from my insurer as I was never informed, I'm nervous about this as I know he went for whiplash etc even though he had plenty of movement to shout and rant at me lol!

I'm happy to declare whatever just unsure what the protocol is..any ideas?

Pete

Last edited:
I would have thought you need to find that out from the previous incurance company?

Get ready for a spanking though.. insurance going up was on watch dog last night.

I had the same problem a few years ago, I just told them there was only £500 worth of damage to the other car, Then they don't shaft you as much,

Yea you guys are spot on thanks,

The guy had claimed 11k..joker i only had £300 worth of damage to my R32 premiums gone up by £200 so it could be worse...Learnt my lesson about using pads made for track cars on a my daily wont be doing that again.

Pete

Yea you guys are spot on thanks,

The guy had claimed 11k..joker i only had £300 worth of damage to my R32 premiums gone up by £200 so it could be worse...Learnt my lesson about using pads made for track cars on a my daily wont be doing that again.

Pete

Were they red stuff pads by any chance?

lmfao ill give you a tip. . . . . . warm them up straight away.

oh and yes tell ure insurance.

Had redstuff pads on the scooby when i got it, First thing i done was bin them as they were the worst brakes ever, hot or cold,

Replaced them with performance friction which were great hot or cold,

Similar Thread Suggestions